Torque Cars

My first FTO

Discussion in 'FTO forums' started by 19andy86, 15 August 2010.

1. 19andy86

19andy86 Newbie

Thame
    Car:
    Mivec FTO Manual
    Hi everyone

Ive just bought my first FTO mivec manual and after a few mods i can do to help the power up a bit, ive already done the full exhaust and de cat along with an induction kit but come to a bit of blank with what next lol i wondered if there were any party tricks with breathers, pipe work and sensors or anything else out there. any help and advise would be great.

thanks
    andy

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    welcome

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hello and welcome. Nice to meet you. Is your car an Automatic?

I've seen many people spend a lot of money on the Mivec engines for not a lot of gain. 200-250bhp is about the ballpark. For more than this then an engine swap to an evo engine is the way to go.

If you want to stick to the original engine then you are looking at a fast road camshaft with a duration of around 270 and then doing some head work, porting polishing 3 angle valve job and bigger valves.

4. zane

zane Wrench Pro

MALAYSIA
    Car:
    fto GR
    Get yourself some good lightweight sportsrimS (mine is dark coloured AME Tracer from Japan) with bigger width at the back; then the tyres...front 205/50/16 and back 225/45/16 . Put some expensive rubbers that can cope in the wet.
    If you haven,t got adjustable absorbers; then get them and go as low as the bumps will allow.
    Cheers andy !

Last edited: 1 December 2010
  5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.

6. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    270? Would you not go for 272's? Or is that just the standord upgrade in the Evo engine? (I know thats my next upgrade :D) If your going for Cam's then I know a few people who have bought Brian Crower's and they swear by them. You may need to import them from the US but I believe they are the dogs.

7. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome! ;)

8. andy86

andy86 Newbie

Car:
    impreza wrx
    Hi guys
    thanks for the welcome and advise, to answer all questions, mine is a manual and it also has been lowered to the floor on 17's and the handling is great.

i have thought about a remote turbo or super charger as not a big fan of swapping engines, i like to get the most out of the originals (blown a few up pushing bounderies lol)

9. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    19andy86 and andy86? Same person? Diff car? :confused: Help, Im welsh and easyliy confused.

10. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    Welcome to the site mate, has a heap of info. I wanted a GPX FTO for a while but went a crx then a DC5 :)

I would look at some lighter wheel if money is a problem. But really depends on what your going for.