my d turbo

yeh i know mate lol.like a shopping trolly.the wheels are capri rs 205/60/13 so it sits a bit lower and a bigger gap from the arch to the wheel,bit quicker on the acceleration and holds corners better.torsion bar seems to much hassle thats why i asked about lowering springs.

Looks good mate, then again..most 306's look good (rust resistant)

mileage/cost?

I have a 5 door cherry red that Ill be modifying soon.

What plans do you have with yours?

-Ameen

yeh i know mate lol.like a shopping trolly.the wheels are capri rs 205/60/13 so it sits a bit lower and a bigger gap from the arch to the wheel,bit quicker on the acceleration and holds corners better.torsion bar seems to much hassle thats why i asked about lowering springs.

Torsion bars are a pain. But the rear is sat on torsion bars unfortunetly, so you will have to lower that way. They do use shocks but no springs.

i swapped it for my celica [pics on my profile of it]it had 94,000 on it when i swapped and now its got about 140,000.i seen your cherry red one mate,nice colour...polishes up nice red.
as for modding i have done a stage 1 tune and an induction kit. i am just gonna spray all the black trim and wheels graphite grey,exhaust,lowered and when i move to the midlands jarrus is gonna tune it for me,but i want something like a xantia 110 engine dropped in with a fmic and bigger turbo and so on.what you doing to your mate ?
i will prob get the local garage to lower the back and get some g max 50mm spring on the front.

half deacent make,prefer bilstein or koni but they are expensive and i am not going to be driving around like nigel mansel,lol.i had koni on my celica and it was like a gokart.

^^^ Don't forget the pictures if you do Dave ;)

Of course not! :D Been slacking lately though. Saving for the South of France, so haven't been able to do much to it. The GF does want the rear seats back in though so I can give HER friends lifts everywhere... I was like 'HELL NO'. Unfortunetly, she won...

Yeah they do seem to be heavy on these.... I was once told that it was an indication of the clutch cable need replacing... but I've had the car 5 years (ish) and put on it a little over 50,000 miles on it in my ownership and I've never replaced the clutch cable and still feels the same....

the cyclone wheels look nice on the 306's too,i would'nt mind that car..that is the one i wanted originally but i had to px my celica for one cus i could'nt sell mine and then look for a 306 and be without a car,still the one i got is nice anyhow.

you can do loads more with an xud than a hdi...eventually the hdi's weak link is tge ecu...not the ecu itself but someone who has the balls to map it properly....99% of tuners wont map a diesel properly past 4.5k rpms...

plus the xud gives you the freedom to tune yourself...

not likely to be 120 road tax, if it was registered after march 2001 then it might be lower but if it was registered before then its the same.... our cars are 120 for 6 months...
bumpers and stuff are easy to change and spray, as for ABS...why would you want that? ;)

i must have been miss informed about the tax bracket then.the missus moans about no abs cus it slides like a bitch in the wet around these country roads lol,all the other cars weve own havnt had that problem...doesnt bother me as long as they do work.

i must have been miss informed about the tax bracket then.the missus moans about no abs cus it slides like a bitch in the wet around these country roads lol,all the other cars weve own havnt had that problem...doesnt bother me as long as they do work.

doe the car oversteer or understeer?? and are you using decent tyres??