My A3 beeps in cold weather.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When it is cold there is a loud beep from the back of the car. It sounds digital but is nothing to do with the radio. It happened in the cold and when the car was not used for a period of time.

After much deliberation I tracked down the problem to be a battery low warning on the immobiliser and indicates its probaly time to get the immobiliser battery charged. This doesn't seem to be in any of the manuals and few mechanics were able to help.

I hope this tip proves useful. I wonder if it is a VAG thing or just the A3 which does this.

Hi Waynne, i've experienced the same beeping, it seemed to be related when i combine quickly starting the car and popping into reverse. It beeps about 3-4 times. Didn't seem to neccessarily be related to cold weather. Sorry couldn' be of more help. It doesn't seem to be too much an issue.

Cheers

seems audis hate the cold weather

mine hates changing cds or even tracks when its cold and you have no hope of turning the sound up till the dash is warm

mines beeps initally at 4* then again at -5*

only thing i notice that slow at working is the display is very slow in clod weather, and some of the dots dont like the heat lol cant win ether way

It's not a major issue but it is a warning that you should check the cars battery. I ignored mine and eventually the battery went (after about 9 years of being on the car.) Sometimes all it needs is a bit of a run to get the charge levels back up.

I replaced the main battery in the car - and never had this happen again. It does seem to be caused when the power gets low, typical in cold weather where a weak battery is pushed beyond its capabilities.

bought a new battery for mine 3 weeks ago. the cold wreaked havoc ont the last one. was quite shocked to see that its the original battery from when the car was made. 15 years is not a bad life for a battery imo.

what battery was that, mines is only over a year old and struggling, think the slight drain the carputer has is too blame along with the cold weather. and guess what i cant find the receipt

Is your alternator working properly PG? My battery was a standard Audi one and it's been replaced with something wierd like cadmium or calcium or something like that. It had good cranking power and should be far in excess of what I need so I'm hoping this one will last.

yeah the problem was the carputer still has a draw even when off. you can still use the USB etc. think the bit that didnt help was the amp remote switch wasnt working and meant that it was on all the time, that had deep discharged it - was on for about 2 days without solid and the car never moved.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back