My 1st car

diesel30

Car
lookin 4 1st car
Hello, im new to this but im looking for a peugeot 206 or 305 between £500 and£1100 no older than a 1999

:mad::( Nope didnt get it!!!! it had a huge weird noise when it reversed so was advised not too touch it, so went and looked at another only for that to have loads of dents and rust also front light completely loose, so have decided to look in price range £500 - £2000, so if anybody knows of a decent pug (slightly modified) preferably 2000 model let me know.
Many thanx

THere's got to be hundreds available. You might even pick up a high mileage BMW 320d for a couple of grand. If it's been well serviced and generally cared for (not nursed, just driven with a bit of sympathy) then you could do a lot worse.

If he's like 17-18 then 320d is kinda out of the question as insurance will be high my first premium on my 306 was just under £1700...

things to look for on a 306 are...

tire wear check that it's even especially on the back cause if it's not then the axel might be bent

rust around the arches

check all the electrical equipment works

just basic stuff really plus high milage diesels aren't bad aslong as they have been looked after

plus something to note as well that 306 interiors aren't very durable so if you see one with low milage and crappy interior then walk away

Personally I'd avoid any slightly modified cars & start with a clean base, the problem is you don't how the car has been treated & it stands a good chance a modded car has been thrashed a bit. look out for cars that get garaged & only driven once a a week by a pensioner. :D

I bought one of those kind of cars, it was nine years old with 25500 miles on the clock and that was the turbo diesel one, it's done 63000 miles now though :(

Sometime buying a modified car isn't a bad thing, In my experience people who modify there cars (most people anyways) tend to look after them a bit more than people who choose not to

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back