My 1991 eclipse turbo.

nightlife

Hey i have just got a 1991 eclipse turbo. I got it for $800 i have relpaced the alitnator, thermostat, and draind the coolant from the radiator and replaced it with some new fluids :D . I still have to get a oil change, and other things for a complete tuneup. The guy i got it from said it sat for 4 months before i got it so there might be some other things i need to change. Does ne one have suggestions of what else i need to do or what i could get for it to make it run better :?: I dont have any pictures of it yet ive been working on it for the last 3 days i have had it to make it run completley fine so i have not had ne time to take ne. If you would like to see a pic of it ask and ill post one thnx.

might as well change all the fluids brake (clutch if hydrolic) power steering and be gentle with the engine for a while until everything lubricated up and running soothly

What pgarner said. Run the engine in gently and give it a chance to loosen up a little. Id really like to see some photos if you get some!

Any pictures already? :) I'd like to see that turbo thing. I bought myself an eclipse (made 1992) just a week ago!!!

A new set of top notch spark plugs and leads woudnt go a miss and keep it serviced every 3 months or 6k. if not mistaken same engine as my evo 2 4g63t great tuning potenial. Also if not been done yet get the engine drive belts changed asap as they are not cheap to rebuild trust me.

I've sqeezed 310 bhp out of mine on standard magement and standard turbo, running 16 psi of boost.