Most interesting thing about car tuning you've read

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What is the most interesting thing about car tuning you've read? Was it in a book, a magazine or online?

Was it a stunning feature car or some indepth look at car tuning parts or technology?

Did it inspire you or change your mind about your plans for your car?

Over the years I have read books relevant to the car or engine I was working on. The one book I read that made me see things differently was the Race and Rally Car Source book by Allan Staniforth. At the time bike engined cars were fairly new and when I was racing I enquired about building one but was told no by the technical committee. It was more to do with what I had planned for a sequential gearchange and they tried to ban them as they would have the edge. That was over twenty years ago.

I learnt a lot from cars and car conversions magazine and practical performance car.

It was films which got me into cars and tuning if I'm honest but I've always liked cars.

For me it was the old magazine called: Custom Car. I use to love reading the articles, this helped me a lot towards my own future projects.

For me it was the old magazine called: Custom Car. I use to love reading the articles, this helped me a lot towards my own future projects.

I was in Custom Car once, a picture of my modified Magnum at Castle Combe, think it was a Vauxhall feature they were running and attended a track day during the late 80s. Not very Custom Car!