most beautiful car

zoozer

what do you guys think is the most beautiful classic car ver made? I think that the Corvette stingray -69 is the most beautiful ever. The engine isn't that bad either...

I really like the Stingray - it has to be in White though.

What about the D Type Jag - really nice looking car with a fair old whack of performance.

250px-1955_Jaguar_XKD_34_left.jpg
[/quote]

Tough question to pose to any petrolhead! Mine is the dallara x1/9, hence the name. they came in two flavours, 1.3 178bhp @9800rpm and my favourite the 1.6 198 bhp @9800 rpm with far more torque, both from an in-house manufactured Dallara twin cam head with bosch k-tronic inj. The racecars were of spaceframe construct with little if any shared components with the car it began as. This weight saving brought the car just under 770kgs. The kit to convert a standard x1/9 was available to the public, however it cost in parts as much as the whole car did new... There were scant few made, and less left. I have a dallara bodykit, courtesy of ebay, which is going on my second x1/9. Never heard of a head for sale, only heard of 4 Dallara xs in the last 5 or so years. Ill be fitting a 2l twincam Lancia Beta volumex engine, yes thats the supercharged one :)

OOH YES. You could hear them coming miles away. Lancia were thinking of redoing the Stratos - not sure if they have got any further!

Its a shame so many of these have rusted away.

I had a poster of a White anniversary Countach on my bedroom wall when i was a lad!

Same here, had a framed poster of the Countach, WAS BIG. My alfa mechanic always has them in his garage, big bucks to repair......but hot cars. Go for around 50-60 thousand Oz dollars here. Not sure about pounds????

A cheap sexy classic car in my opinion.

For me it has to be the '64 Impala. Drop it to the ground, put some hydraulics on it and chrome out everything you can think of!

what about....

the mg midget
triumph tr6
ford mustang gt 360
ferrari dino

there some of my favorites, propa classics! :cool::amuse::mrgreen::smile:

Amen to the lancia stratos, the worlds only purpose built rally car. try the delta integrale evo1, and the 7 litre lister etype

Oh come on, you've never watched day time TV in the past year?! :lol:

EDIT**
It was the Rockford files & it was a Firebird! My wrong! :embarrest:

Last edited:
Wow that tuff... one of my favs 67shelby gt500

heres another 50's model porche 356

and now that I drive a saab 9000 aero i will post one of their better looking sports cars 70 super sonnet III

why no one did mention the dodge viper GTS from 2000?
i think it is a really beautiful car with a unique design, it's the only one american car that looks more beautiful than a lamborghini and a ferrari.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back