More from my Maserati

Vindaloo

Car
Maserati Spyder Cam
I have a Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa, owned happily for 4 years without problems, I have decided rather than replace (it's only done 20k) I would prefer to look into the possibility of fitting a twin turbo (I read somewhere this was a possibility originally, but was quashed by Ferrari as this would have meant the Spyder out performing their own equivalent).. I would like to take the car from its 390 BHP to maybe 500+BHP. Any advice or pointers to a UK company willing to do this would be welcome.

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.

Your current engine is running a fairly high compression ratio already so it will not be very tolerant of a turbo. Your best bet would be to lower the engines compression first and this will allow you to add more boost.

The essential thing is getting the mapping and timing right so you'd need someone with the right Maserati tuning gear and a rolling road for starters.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a fully sorted and prepared kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are easier to install than a turbo is.

I think a more sensible power target would be around 450 - 475.

Look up Paramount performance, they do a lot of prestige car tuning and might be able to impress you with a remap and a few select performance parts.

Put another engine in....haha.. but jokes apart, it's truly a difficult job.... in this case, I just have a question to ask to the Torquecars family, How the ECU is tuned in case of sequential twin turbos?

Ahh.. The name - I tend to use Vindaloo in any on-line stuff which requires a username. It was the first Indian meal I ate at a restaurant aged around 7. My mother said no but my Dad said if thats what I wanted that is what I should have. One Prawn Vindaloo and several visits to the toilet (I gulped water from the tap) and I was hooked for life.

As for the advice, I will look into the supercharger possibilities as I had not thought of this, many thanks....

I have a Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa, owned happily for 4 years without problems, I have decided rather than replace (it's only done 20k) I would prefer to look into the possibility of fitting a twin turbo (I read somewhere this was a possibility originally, but was quashed by Ferrari as this would have meant the Spyder out performing their own equivalent).. I would like to take the car from its 390 BHP to maybe 500+BHP. Any advice or pointers to a UK company willing to do this would be welcome.

You like pain in the neck don't you ?

Put another engine in....haha.. but jokes apart, it's truly a difficult job.... in this case, I just have a question to ask to the Torquecars family, How the ECU is tuned in case of sequential twin turbos?

Sequential twin turbos are a complex subject. Some are setup to fully utilise one turbo before the second kicks in at a pre defined RPM range.

Other setups have more of an overlap period and I've seen a few clever setups with a small turbo and a large turbo which come on in sequence with the small turbo off again until the large turbo reaches it's peak where it cuts back in again. (Toyota Supra if you wondered which car.)