moon roof

Yes, it's a Spyder. They were only made in L.H.D. format and essentially left the factory as a stock motor. They were all converted in America, i can't remember exactly how many were done but it wasn't a huge figure. There were too many issues with the roof mechanism and eventually the project was cancelled.

need some info at the front of gto 1991 twin turbo ,i can see the cooper ac pipework ,looked at the disc coul not find a grill part must be missing off my car ,i cant post a pik yet

need some info at the front of gto 1991 twin turbo ,i can see the cooper ac pipework ,looked at the disc coul not find a grill part must be missing off my car ,i cant post a pik yet

I read on another forum that the gto 1991 tt doesn't have a front grill, don't know if it's true but I have a 91 gto tt and I was looking for one myself, im guessing you would have to get a custom made one

These cars did not come with a grille and I'll be honest and say that I don't think they should have them either. Air flow is limited enough.
If they really are your cup of tea, I have fitted made to measure sets from
http://www.zunsport.co.uk/shop.asp they are a decent quality kit.

The pipe you may be looking at could be the power steering oil cooler pipe. It runs in a loop and is prone to corrosion over the years, mainly due to it's location. It is normally a steel coated pipe, covered with a green plastic coating.
Due to it's price it's possible that someone may have replaced it with copper, however, without a picture I can't be exact with an answer.

Whilst I'm here I thought I'd update this post to reflect a better answer for the question.
Moonroof; Yes, there were quite a few GTO's fitted with this option. Basically a pop up and removable sunroof which, when removed, could be stored in a proper location in the boot or just used as a sunroof. They had an internal clip on lining too, which is rather rare. The up[down winder is very brittle and extortionately expensive to replace. Be careful id removing the shroud to this item, it WILL break.
Sunroof; These were fitted to U.K. spec variants, the 3000GT. Not sure about U.S. or European markets. Electric in operation.
Convertible; As answered below, they were fitted as an after market item and the model was then classed as a 3000GT Spyder. Modified in and for the American market. Electric in operation.

Yes, it's a Spyder. They were only made in L.H.D. format and essentially left the factory as a stock motor. They were all converted in America, i can't remember exactly how many were done but it wasn't a huge figure. There were too many issues with the roof mechanism and eventually the project was cancelled.

they didn't import them on europe, except if someone in his own did

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back