Modified Front Strut Brace

dagger

The Torque Meister
Car
Nissan Primera S.I.
Finally got to see my Bro in (Snowy) S.Wales this weekend, and go to fit the GT strut brace, but did need a little modding to fit:

As you can see - it doesn't line up with the nuts

290120121167.jpg

A little while later

290120121172.jpg

and it fits, just needs a lick of paint, then all done:

290120121171.jpg

I'm happy with it :D

Last edited:
Re: Modified front Struct Brace

Hmmmm. I don't like to be negative, but I am not sure how effective that brace is now going to be. The extensions appear to be at an angle to the original mounting points (looking at the final photo) and simply butt welded with no stiffening similar to that of the original. Any inward flexing of the strut mounts may well simply bend the extensions.

However, if there is no, or very little, strut movement you will probably get away with it, but that then begs the question why fit it in the first place, unless it is just for show? :)

But it isn't structrurally important so if you are happy with it that is all that matters.

Isn't there a strut brace available for this vehicle?

Last edited:

Looks good but i'm with OG here. It'll do nothing structurally.
If I was you i'd drill the top of the suspension turret where the original holes in the strut brace are and add a couple of nuts and bolts there.

Hmmmm. I don't like to be negative, but I am not sure how effective that brace is now going to be. The extensions appear to be at an angle to the original mounting points (looking at the final photo) and simply butt welded with no stiffening similar to that of the original. Any inward flexing of the strut mounts may well simply bend the extensions.

However, if there is no, or very little, strut movement you will probably get away with it, but that then begs the question why fit it in the first place, unless it is just for show? :)

But it isn't structrurally important so if you are happy with it that is all that matters.

Isn't there a strut brace available for this vehicle?

That's the main reason i fitted it