Mk 1 Clio Engine Transplant

BeanieD83

Car
Skyline R34 GTT
Hi there, I'm a newbie to all this forum lark but figured that if there was anyone who could help me it would be here...so here goes nothing!! I have a Mk 1 Renault Clio (1991) which started off with a 1200cc engine. I have decided to turn it into a bit of a project motor and wanted to drop a new lump into it from a Volvo 480 Turbo, which I have finally managed to lay my hands on after a long time of searching!

I am aware that alot of modifications lay ahead...driveshafts, engine mounts, suspension...yada yada yada...! However, I have been told the Volvo lump will drop straight in on either the existing mounts from the 480, or from the 1.7L? Clio! BUT, after looking over the engine bay of my Clio, the front mounts do not appear to match up with any fixing points on the sub-frame!!

This is about as far as I have got! So, if there is anyone who has the knowledge or even succeeded in this particular mod, any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks for reading!!

I will take some pics as soon as I can. I have already removed the old Clio lump so things should be relatively clear to see!

As for the driveshafts, the person bloke who I bought the 480 lump from had unfortunantly cut them in two in order to remove it from the bay so all I have are the inner CV joints!