Torque Cars

Mini Cooper 1.3i 1996

Discussion in 'Mini Classic' started by vince65, 26 June 2011.

1. vince65

vince65 Newbie

andover hants
    Car:
    peugeot 306
    Looking at a lovely Mini cooper next weekend,Its got high mileage (104,000) but its just had the bodywork sorted and resprayed,the guy wants 3k for it.I'm not a mini expert but ive had a quick look underneath and all seems well.Im gonna have a proper and thourough look next Sat but could do with some idea's of what to look for. Is 3k a fair price to pay? Thanks Guys for any input please.:eek:

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I think so, check the chassis for rot right under the sills. It will be one of the few cars that won't depreciate.

Make sure all the panels line up and it hasn't been in an accident.

If the engine did go bang it isn't a massive job fitting in a new one so don't worry about the mileage.

Nothing is selling at the moment so I'm sure you can haggle him down a bit! Try for £2500 on the phone unless you are desparately wanting the car.

3. stamford

stamford Pro Tuner

Hampshire
    Car:
    MG ZS200
    Mini's will rot as long as the sun shines, so no getting away from it. Check the subframes and sills for any signs. Most corrosion is exterior, below the headlights, 'A' panels, door hinge section, windscreen scuttle area and check the body seams and gutter. Might pay to take a magnet along to see if there are any signs of filler. Easy to work on and parts are pretty cheap. Mini's are commanding silly prices so play hard ball and use the mileage as leverage. Does it have any mods or aftermarket bits?

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome! ;)

5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile: