Megane 2 - 2.0 induction kit advice

robiniho77

Car
Renault Megane 2.0
Hi there people,

decided to join for some advice, am 19 and have a 2.0 16v megane 03 plate!

wanted to get a bit more noise so have a decent induction kit in it!

i took out the old airbox and fitted it straight into the engine, it sounds great but have the pipe which went into the airbox at the bottom sitting there feeding cold air into the lower engine bay.

wat is best to do now with that pipe....

take the pipe at an angle to feed the air upto the front of the induction kit, or re route it

some advice would be great!

cheers

hello cheers for the reply!

shall i leave it as an open pipe pointing into the open end of the induction kit? or get a t join and bypass the induction kit and let the air go into the engine?

cheers

Last edited:
Yer it's just feeding cold air from my grill down and into the bottom of the engine bay!
Didn't know wat to do with this pipe as it cold air going nowhere

Cheers

The original cold air pipe is useless as it has a resinator box somewhere inbetween the front bumper and the airfilter itself. You should remove all of this and put your own piping in for a cold air feed. That would be the best idea buddy.

If you join them together you will be increasing the induction length which will affect power. Leave the cold air feed open and preferably just above the air filter for the best results and it would be even better if there was some sort of shielding protecting the filter from the engine bay - U shaped open box would suffice.

I have heard that it is not affecting to power...more likely it will decrease power if you instal induction kit.

I heard that original airsystem (if you change panel filter) will flow about 200-250 bhp.

The main power loss comes from it sucking in warm air, hence the recommendation for a cold air feed pipe.

The original system is good and can cope with higher power but you'd need quite a few adiditonal mods to realise the full 250bhp of the airfilter.

Induction kits do sound better. Personally I prefer the panel filters and have one in my car.