Mazda 626 Project

Numair

Car
Mazda 626 2.2D
I own a Mazda 626 1986. I've had her for over 6 years now, she was my grandfathers car and the first car i drove. He recently got himself a Honda City and handed the 626 over to me..

I've been saving up for years to fix up this car and now that she is finally mine the work has begun..

I started off selecting a colour, and decided to go with a safe baked on black..

I'm having the suspension revamped, coil overs, and lowered with the fenders flared to give it that japanese VIP drift car look..

Im having the interior completely fixed up, im going with black and grey leather..

im not so happy with the engine though, its a 1998 toyota 2.2 diesel.. alot of torque, but not the best performance engine..

either way though im having an electronic fuel pump put, shark gill air exits and a small scoop air intake right above an induction kit on the right..

im also having 2 inch down piping and a sports exhaust system installed and im having the pipes ceramic coated so the temperature remains decent under the hood..

collected the sound system..

give me some help guys! any advice!

i love my car, ive got the money, i want her to be perfect..

hi and welcome.

have you looked into remaps ? dont know if it can be done, as what ive read on here toyota engines are pain to have done. some of the others will be able to tell you. ask hdi fun.

the engine is too old to be remaped! no ecu chip! :( ill have the engine changed after a couple of months once ive collected some more money, but i cant decide what engine to go for.. something that would be economical when driving around the city, but could perform on the tracks as well! any ideas anyone?

i got a 2.5 and around town i get 38-43 mpg. thats a 15 year old car.on a run i recently done to kent from south wales i got 50 odd mpg.
i dont hang around either, so smiles all around. :)

im going to probably swap mine in for something better.. i was actually thinking of getting a 1.6 vti from the 2001 civic.. thats a pretty great engine?

its also a petrol which means you are going to have issues with the fuel system needin changed. id also say, although the B series is good, iirc the 626 is quite a big car and might need something with a bit more go