Making my car faster?

br4dley

Car
Audi A3 Petrol 1.6l
Hi guys,

I'll start off by saying I know next to nothing about cars. I've recently upgraded from a 1.0 litre Corsa to a Audi A3 1.6l Petrol (04 plate) and I'm loving the car so far.

I was wondering if there's any relatively cheap way to give it a bit more power, I've read up a little on chip tuning but this seems to be more aimed at cars with turbos? My friend also said I should get a new air filter but I was unsure on a good manufacturer to buy from.

Again, sorry if any of this sounds silly, although I've tried do some research myself my lack of knowledge is severely limiting. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,
B

You'll need to spend some major money to get a noticable power hike on the 1.6.

Fast road cams give the biggest gains, plus flowing and porting the head. But in reality you could probably source a 1.8T engine from a breakers yard and fit that for less money than doing all of this and you'll see an extra 100bhp just like that or plenty more if tuned up!

You could focus on handling mods, does yours have the Sline suspension?

Most mods will only give you a few more BHP which you won't really notice in driving. I started this site because I was disappointed with pretty much every mod I tried and there was no one out there giving honest advice without trying to sell you something.

https://www.torquecars.com/audi/a3-tuning.php

Last edited: