Lsd

ihark

Car
civic type r ep3
hi i have pre face lift type r and was wondering if u can convert the open face diff 2 limited slip diff or would it juse be better gettin a new limted slip or is it a waste of time doing this

I think it would be easier to get a new diff than try to convert one.

What are you hoping to achieve by altering the diff?

If you notice that you often lose traction and the car is running wide on corners then it will make a big difference. For most driving you won't really notice it unless it is wet or particulalrly slippery.

As long as you are not expecting miracles on your daily drive you should be ok. A diff makes a massive difference to track day times.

I suppose you have to ask yourself how much driving at the edge of adhesion do you do?

I lose traction alot but its because i have cheap tyers just now i was just wondering if a lsd would make a diffrence because face lift models have them

if you are planning on doing modifercations to the car or doin track days then go for it but if not i wouldnt bother although it could be a good selling point in the future:p

Get yourself some Eagle F1's and see how much better the car handles.

I would never consider putting cheap tyres on my car, that is the only point of contact between the driver and the road!

It does sound like you are the sort of driver that needs an LSD fitted! I would get a Torque Sensing (torsen) diff as these are quite linear and progressive.

welcome ihark!

the type r is 1 of the best handling fwd cars from factory!!!
so if you are loosing traction alot this is down to your cheap tyres!!
plus i would have a fast road setup done cause honda changed the handling of these cars for the european market and they dont handle as well as their japanese counterparts;)

both decent tyres and a fast road setup will be alot cheaper than a lsd and they will make the world of difference

Indeed. The EP3 is an excellent handler. For the money, there's a lot more you can and should do before you consider an LSD. Better tyres, proper tracking and alignment, uprated ARB's, strut braces (upper and lower) and coilovers for a start.

the cheap tyers were on the car when i got it and because i paid my insurance in a 1 off payment and am waiting 2 start bk work at the end of the month am a little short of cash just now but have got some good advice from guys on this site about tyers and coilovers and they will b the first mods i make i was just wondering if a lsd would make a big diffrence but it seems theres is more i can do before spending the cash on a lsd

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back