Looking for 245/15 tyres

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I have been having discussions on tyre/wheel sizes for the Elan recently and am now looking at the possiblility of going for 15" as opposed to 16". However, I have not been able to find any 245 or 255s in this rim size. Best so far is 235 in a Toyo R888.

So far, I have looked at:
Tony Thompson
bridgestone
Goodrich
Toyo
Falken
Yokohama
Nitto
Avon
Dunlop
Pirelli

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Another change of plan :)

Going with 16"rears now. Toyo do a R888 255/50 and Kumho make an Ecsta V70A 265/45, both road legal at the moment.

I have looked into this and it looks like they will be legal to use until at least 2014.

It may save the idiots (and their victims) who fit them to road cars and drive in all weathers.

It's a little confused at the moment. It seems to be about both noise and wet weather performance. However, I am sure the manufacturers are working on a solution this very minute as profit is at risk.

I have found some 265/45/16s. They are a race control tyre from Kumho called Escta V70A. Need to do some research to see how they compare with R888s.

I went into this "law change" in some detail before buying my recent new set of 888s

Like most scares they are usually based on an article which is slowly exaggerated till it bears little resemblance to the original. (just like the "new" MOT regs that are not coming in )

They are not being banned but toyo have agreed to stop making them and have a new track tyre design

Still searching. Kumho do a 265/16. It is a control tyre for the Kuhmo BMW Championshio and is road legal (at the moment).

Not a 15", I know, but the widest 16 I can find so may have to go with these. They still give me some sidewall depth to give the tread a chance to hook up and stay planted on corners.

Last edited: