Torque Cars

Long time no see guys

Discussion in 'Clio' started by one in a million, 17 September 2010.

1. one in a million

one in a million Road Burner

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    Hey people, just upgraded from a clio 1.4l to a renault clio 182. Well what can i say apart from its a hell of a change in power, lol. anyway i would like to start modifying but my insurance is £1600 a year so i might go with adrian flux, to see if its cheaper lol so any tips for modifying my car. its a silver clio i will get some pics uploaded soon, but im thinking of getting the wheels sprayed gloss black. what you think?

o and are there any clio meets in kent at all, i wouldnt mind meeting up and cruising down with any body.

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Welcome back to the forum mate. Have fun you've got yourself a cracking motor there pal.;)

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Tell Adrian Flux you are a TorqueCars member and you'll get money off! Nice upgrade by the way, I bet you are loving it. Good to hear from you again.

4. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Oh & we are meeting at Timmy's body shop in Cranbrook tomorrow, it would be cool if you could make it!

See the meets forum for details.

5. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    Welcome back. :D

6. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    argh soz i only just read the messages, let me know when you meet again and i come down. defo

7. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    You wont regret it mate, epic car. I had a 172 and I wish I'd never sold it.

A decent induction kit makes a bit of difference, altho it's a very free revving engine anyway.

I had one of these - tight fit but doable:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 September 2010
  8. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    yeah cheers mate, yeah i took it on the m25 the first day i got it, i drop it from fith to fourth gear and it flew. sent a shiver down my spine. so the induction kit that you have in your picture, is that the one you would reccomend? i was thinking about a kn air induction but not a cone a panel filter.

9. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    i will get some pictures of my clio up this weekend, then hopefully if my insurance doesnt go up then im going to start modifying slightly to give it a smart appearance.

10. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    the CDA that yugguy has i would - and possibly several others on here - recommend. bewarned they are pricey but sound sooo nice

11. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    Welcome back! You'll have to get a few pics up of the 182. Is it completely standard?

12. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    yeah completley standard, 1 previous women owner before, you can tell by the scuffs in the wheels lol, got 24,000 on the clock and i payed £6000 on a 2005 plate. i been looking around at the prices they go for, and i think it worked out all right. i payed an extra £250 to get all the belts done and auxillry belts done just to be on the safe side as they were due. I phoned up adrian flux today, my insurance is £1600 a year and they said next year my insurance will be £1200 which is fantastic for me lol so when i add me mum on it, it should go down a little more lol.

yeah been so busy havent got round to taking the pictures yet but i will have them up by saturday, then im going to get my wheels refurbed and sprayed eventually.

13. MattyBoy07

MattyBoy07 Full member

London
    Car:
    Renault Clio
    sorry for acting like a div but i don;t know much lol what does an induction kit do? :lol:

14. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.

An induction kit replaces the standard airbox and filter buddy.;)

15. MattyBoy07

MattyBoy07 Full member

London
    Car:
    Renault Clio
    and does what? :lol: my dad was talking to me about a klm or something a little while ago about the air or something lol:blink:

16. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    If you fit an induction kit with a dedicated cold air feed then it will result in increased performance of the engine. The cooler the air going into the engine the better the combustion and better performance.
    Note though that it won't see huge gains but if properly fitted with a cold air supply you should see some slight gains.

17. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
  18. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    I've had K&Ns and CDAs in the past and imo CDAs are better. They're bigger tho which can be an issue in crammed engine bays. I find they just tend to let the engine rev more freely.

19. LemonS3

LemonS3 Tuner

Bicknacre, Essex
    Car:
    Audi S3
    Get it remapped, takes the power to 195bhp and 161 lb/ft of torque. Then you'll have a clio 195 lol.

20. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    well might do, just worried as cars have been made to suit the performance, if i go for a remap, then im going to be putting strain on the engine then im going to have do other modifications, im not that serious yet, quite happy with the 182bhp its got lol. when i get bored tho, i wont bother buying another car i will then get a tuning company to upgrade the engine lol

21. LemonS3

LemonS3 Tuner

Bicknacre, Essex
    Car:
    Audi S3
    It obviously will put more strain on the engine but hardly any, not enough to have to change anything or for it to be unreliable. When you do get bored, come see me as I'm not far from you or next time I'm in Kent as Ive got family there I can map your car :cool:

22. MasterAuron

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    I wouldn't worry about that. The way you should look at it is most cars are actually purposefully detuned or restricted from the factory for a numbers of reasons (emmissions, mpg, fall in place within a product line-up, cost etc etc). I know it's French but even 13bhp won't do any harm to the engine lol.

It's 182ps btw, not bhp!

23. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    yup that 2 bhp means alot ;)

24. MasterAuron

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    Doesn't really, especially when most RS Clios don't even make the quoted power.

25. one in a million

kent
    Car:
    CLIO 182 YAY!!
    hw much u qouting for a remap thn??