Loads of 406 Problems! Any Answers?

Tony Montana

Car
Pug 406 Sri turbo
Hey all,

Need to pick your brains about problems with my Pug 406!

6 months ago I purchased a Pug 406 Sri and since then it has developed a number of problems...

Bear with me!

Problem 1:
Engine gauge shows that the engine is overheating, when it shows as overheating I turn on the heater and the temp goes back to around the 90 mark. Any Ideas on what might cause this? It tends to go up fast once I hit 70mph.

Problem 2:
I get a buzzing sound between 2000 and 3000 revs (sounds like a cow coming from the engine!) I heard this may be something resonating against the engine cover? Any ideas

Problem 3:
I get a constant clicking after I have signalled and the indicator has clicked back into place... do I need a new switch/stalk?

See loadsa problems! I'm starting to wonder if I bought a lemon!

Thanks in advance!:cheesy:

ok not 100% sure but i think

1) cooling system might be airlocked, when your asking for the interior of the car to be ho the water is getting diverted to the heater matrix. try squeezing all the water pipes to see if you can get the air bubbles out.
if the cooland hasnt been changed in a while it might be worthwhile just changing it and the thermostat.

2) could be just about anything. baffling in the exhaust, loose bolt etc. try getting someone to listen to it while your holding the revs. might be somethingas simple as a small pinhole in the exhaust.

3) Dunno

Does your car have the multiplex wiring loom?

Send me a photo of the indicator LH side of the steering column (indicator stalk and Cruise control side).

Hey thanks for the advice, the problem I had with the clicking went as quickly as it came. The overheating was just the Thermostat playing silly buggers and the buzzing sound I think is just a vibration at a certain amount of revs.

Thanks for all your help though.

Hope all is well with you all!

We're all doing good. It's nice to be on our new faster server although it was quite a hassle getting here.