Largest wheels without rubbing arches?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the largest wheels that can be fitted without having to roll or pull the arches?

You should be able to get 17s on with no problems a mate of mine is running with them and it looks likes theres still plenty of space.

What model is that on xedan? Do you know what suspension he is using? (I bet its pretty stiff)

Interesting Xedan - thanks for the info that will come in really useful. Would you say the ride is particularly hard?

I have 18s on my cooper S. No rubbing. However I would say you sacrafice on handling. They look wicked but I am considering going back to my 17 runflats in the winter.

basically although the wheels look wicked, there is alot of tram lining and pulling just because of the "small car big wheels" problem. If you want it to look fab, get some big wheels but if you want it for speed and performance I would suggest you get smaller or standard-IMHO.

Just means swapping them over at shows then! I have been saying smaller = better but will anyone listen to me? Oh Well. I'll send then your way and you can tell em!