Just bought My first Audi!

jakleb

Car
Audi A3 1.8
Hi there peeps,

i just bought my first audi A3 1.8, my VR6 has now become a long term project! I wanted to find out some basic things which are listed below.

1) Can I tune this to improve BHP? is it worth it what will i gain?
2) Does any know a good place to get a quote for a engine swap? what would
be a rough price?

There will be plenty more bone questions but this will suffice for now!

Jake

I have a soft spot for that car, I prefer the S3 though :p I think sharpening the handling will be your best bet first. Then maybe look at a remap.

Nice choice of car. Is it the turbo engine?

Check the rear bushings - I bet these are worn and about ready to be replaced!

Nice choice of car. Is it the turbo engine?

Check the rear bushings - I bet these are worn and about ready to be replaced!

HI, no its the non turbo, and bushings have been done, being the non turbo thats why i want to find out if remap is worth it as a quick fix untill i can sort out a swap for turbo engine or maybe a s3 engine. im off to germany in three weeks and this is staying here so its going to be my little money drinker while im over there!

will check that other thread now

cheers jake

Ive got a strut on the way and obv the car came with alloys, do you know of anyone for a remap?

Sorry buddy I do not! I am sure some one will come along in due time to offer some companies.

If your off to Germany, I am sure you'll find a company out there?

I don't think its worth remapping the non turbo engine on these especially since you plans to do an engine swap later on. Stick with suspension and handling mods for now

Last edited:
Sorry buddy I do not! I am sure some one will come along in due time to offer some companies.

If your off to Germany, I am sure you'll find a company out there?

Yea the cars staying which is a shame, well untill i have sussed out if there is anything out there!!

And yea had a message back saying remapping gets me 35 extra bhp for 345 so will probs wait for a suitable engine to come my way!

Yea the cars staying which is a shame, well untill i have sussed out if there is anything out there!!

And yea had a message back saying remapping gets me 35 extra bhp for 345 so will probs wait for a suitable engine to come my way!
35hp would be for the turbo version.
On a n/a engine it would be more like 10hp

agree with what waynne has said, there not really anything suitible for the 1.8 na. get the handling sorted out
coilovers, and rear anti roll bar for starters along with some good tyres

brakes sorted out.
not sure if the N/a comes with the same hubs as the 1.6/2.0 or the 1.8t. if not then get the hubs from the 1.8t or the v6 and a 312mm upgrade from the TT, S3 or later golfs, boras, leons or Octy vrs.

then look for the engine.

Awesome Gti, JBS auto deisgns or AMD essex all know the 1.8t engine inside out if you dont fancy fitting it yourself

agree with what waynne has said, there not really anything suitible for the 1.8 na. get the handling sorted out
coilovers, and rear anti roll bar for starters along with some good tyres

brakes sorted out.
not sure if the N/a comes with the same hubs as the 1.6/2.0 or the 1.8t. if not then get the hubs from the 1.8t or the v6 and a 312mm upgrade from the TT, S3 or later golfs, boras, leons or Octy vrs.

then look for the engine.

Awesome Gti, JBS auto deisgns or AMD essex all know the 1.8t engine inside out if you dont fancy fitting it yourself

cheers mate! coil overs on the way along with a strut,

could you tell me where i can find out what hubs i have got this isnt my strong area!

easiest way would measure the front disc.
256 or 280mm then youll need to change the hubs - think all the callipers are marked up FSIII/

288mm disc and your fine