intermittent fault with a3 1.8t

cam

Car
Audi A3 1.8T Sport
it seems to happen when the car has warmed up,
when i am sitting stationary at say traffic light the engine randumly starts choking and within seconds the car cuts out, i think this problem is what is causing the car to also jerk about as i accelerate, another example is when i was on the bypass doing 70 and as i was overtaking the car slumped down to 50 and continued to be jerky as i tryed to speed up and after a few minutes i had all power back,
it starts acting up after about 30 minutes of driving, does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?.

cheers, cameron

When was it last serviced? Check the plugs for fouling or tracking and get a diagnostic fault code read done it should point you in the right direction.

Is it overheating and what were the lamda readings from the last MOT.

i had it in a garage and they tested it on the computer and couldnt find any faults, he tried changing the fuel filter and air filter and said to see how it goes, but its still running the same, not needing serviced for a few months.

i had it in a garage and they tested it on the computer and couldnt find any faults, he tried changing the fuel filter and air filter and said to see how it goes, but its still running the same, not needing serviced for a few months.

Could be coil pack, maf sensor, anything really.

So many things can cause the same fault these days.

Needs to go on a good diagnostics when the fault is occurring. Sometimes this can take a few hours of a Mecahnics time looking at numbers and graphs on a diagnostics to find the fault.

coilpack would show up as a fault on the diagnostic.

MAF sensor could be dirty this wouldnt show. try disconnecting it see if it runs any better.

or it could well be the most common issue with the engine. a burst vac line.

take the cover off the engine and look at the right hand side you should see a Y connection. give this a good looking over as its the main one that splits
then theres all the ones under the front of the engine under the other cover