interior carbon wrap

smurf182

Car
Hyundai Accent (x3)
here's a question for you all to have a stab at.....im planning to carbon wrap every inch of the interior panels in 'off-white' carbon wrap as i cant stand the bland, thoughtless, un-inspiring grey plastic interior....

before you all go erghh...my car is turquoise in colour so think i have the colour match ok, and plan to flock the dash so to reduce glare on a sunny day.

Any thoughts much appreciated:p
cheers

This could look anywhere between spectacular and absolute rubbish :) The trick, in my opinion, is to make sure the wrap doesn't look like a wrap otherwise it will look tacky at best.

Start with simple, small flat parts until you have mastered the application of the wrap. Once you are confident then is the time to progress on to the bigger and more contoured parts.

Do you have any photos of the proposed wrap? Keep us updated with progress photos. However, you will need to have 10 posts before you can include photos.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, hi steve, yeah you're not wrong...its one that i have to get spot on or it will look hideous as you say, im pretty confident with the wrapping process, its just what the end result will look like which is holding me back a little, ill keep posting till i reach ten (7 to go), then ill try getting a cpl of pics of the car and the wrap up..

it had been considered prince, but im getting the seats recovered in cream leather so i dont think the sticker bomb effect would add the 'wow' factor im after, it would definately be a first for me to see however as ive not seen it done before...

it had been considered prince, but im getting the seats recovered in cream leather so i dont think the sticker bomb effect would add the 'wow' factor im after, it would definately be a first for me to see however as ive not seen it done before...

I've seen it done on a few cars recently and if it's done right it looks pretty cool. IMHO it looks better than fake carbon wrap. I actually think it'll contrast cream leather quite nicely.

It'll certainly brighten up the grey plastic no end. Just be sure to laquer over it.

This is a mate of mine's E46 interior he did...

SebsInterior.jpg

hmmmm, loks good.....however im doing the entire interior panels plus dash too...i might have to have a play with photoshop, thanks for the idea though its worth keeping in mind cheers