Torque Cars

Integra Type R

Discussion in 'Integra Owners' started by AD08, 2 September 2008.

1. CIVIC TORNADO

CIVIC TORNADO Newbie

Car:
    Honda Civic
    Wow. I was about to post the same question. Im gunna do exactly the same thing, i was gunna convert my civic D14A4 to a B16. I think im just gunna go the same way as you with the integra type r. Same im 18 as well though im paying 2700K on my insuranse as it is, becuase of my bodykit and lambo doors etc. (i would post a pic but its not letting me) I was wondering what kind of mods engine wise are sensible for these the integra type r, it seems not a turbo, or thats what iv read on here, and the engine already has high compression balanced interals i believe, is there much else you could do to it to see good gains? Im not keen on the 1997 models onwards the lights remind me alot of the old celica supra's lol.

2. 96AccordCoupe

96AccordCoupe Road Burner

Stoke-on-Trent
    Car:
    1996 Accord Coupe
    Turbo's Tegs and S2000's are iffy as their compression is so high.

S2000 F20C you're talking 11:1 for a UK spec or 11.7:1 for Jap Import.

DC5 K20A2 it's something like 11.5:1.

I've seen a few boosted Teg's though, think most boast rebuilt internals like lower compression pistons that create less heat.

Naturally aspirated engines love high compression, turbo's love low compression, but saying that turbo's will create more power with higher compression so it is a balancing act between power and reliability.

3. 96AccordCoupe

96AccordCoupe Road Burner

Stoke-on-Trent
    Car:
    1996 Accord Coupe
    I'm sure I've seen a couple magazine features on 450-600bhp DC2 Integra's, street legal too!

I'll have to find them and post the engine specs. Pretty sure both of them are turbo'd.