Torque Cars

Integra for the summer

Discussion in 'Integra Owners' started by hemingway, 4 June 2009.

1. hemingway

hemingway Torque Junkie

huddersfield
    Car:
    hyundai coupe se
    Been thinking of going abit mad this summer and purchasing a dc2 integra.Just running it through the summer then selling it on again.Always wanted a integra but carnt afford the long running costs etc.Is this a bad idea,What if i carnt get rid or end up loving too much to get rid or should i just leave alone and its a bit of a stupid idea.

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    What engine would be in it?

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Go for it. Be strict with yourself though and set limits, dates and amounts spent on it.

Note that car prices on the Integras will be highest through summer to September and then will dive. If you have a garage then it might even be worth hanging on to it if you get a good one and laying it up for the winter. Just do 6 months roadtax at a time.;)

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Why not go for the S2000. as its gan to be a good summer you can go cruising with the top down.
    yes slightly more expensive however

5. hemingway

hemingway Torque Junkie

huddersfield
    Car:
    hyundai coupe se
    I think s2000 mybe out,to much money.Funny i said about buying a integra.About 6 months ago i was offered a integra minus the engine for 2k then i was gunna put the engine out of mine in but just couldnt afford so it was sold on.Anyway cut a long story short,a guy bought it and stuck a b18c4 in it.Turns out he carnt afford to run the integra and his civic.So hes offered it mi the first refusal.Wants close to 3k for it.Wonder what the insurance would be like with having the smaller engine less bhp.Do insurance places take a dim view of engine swaps.

6. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    They will charge as much as they can get away with. It certainly won't be cheaper. Chances are they will stick with the standard premium but don't be surprised if they ask for more money as the car has been customised.