Injector generations?

Zwaf

Road Burner
Car
Seat Ibiza 1,9TDI
Loorking around and have found out that newer 2,0 tdi pd injectors are cheaper and more common on adds than 1,9 tdi pd injectors. So i start thinkin and researching on internet but without succes. So I got few questions for more knowledgable masters here.

1.-Does anybody know is it possible to swap injectors between 2,0 tdi pd and 1,9 tdi pd engines?

2.-If 1. is "yes" then next question is: Does 2,0 tdi pd injectors got more flow than 1,9 tdi pd 130 injectors? Or just the same? Or less? Iff less how much less? Still more then my pd100 inectors?

3.-Is it possible to swap nozzles only?

4.-Don't know now - but after some of your answers I'll think of some subquestions if there is any possibility for swaping.

There's an eerie silence for this one Zwaf! I am sure somebody is scratching their head and thinking about it right now :lol:

There's an eerie silence for this one Zwaf! I am sure somebody is scratching their head and thinking about it right now :lol:

:lol:
I know it is a tough question and no wonder if nobody knows. Out of the pictures they seem similar shaped, but i never saw one in life.
That is about phisycal apearance. Got no clue about iner mechanics or capacity.
Real target for me and others with VAG PD100 and PD115 are injectors from PD130/PD150 but they come rarely in ads and if they apear somewhere they cost an arm. Don't even wanna talk about Bosio units. :)

In short, when i saw pics of PD140 or PD170 injectors i tought to myself maybe it's possible to swap them in case they can provide more fuel and in case the spray pattern is same as older generation injectors.

Zwaf, it's been a long wait mate but I've been out of circulation for a while and scrapped my Leon FR PD170 recently for something a little more sensible.

In short I would avoid getting PD170 injectors as they are fundamentally flawed between 2006-2008. Between these years in seats wisdom they used an injector produced by siemens rather than bosch. They were known as Siemens Pizerio Units (or in the car trade, death traps) and a quick google search will tell you to stay away. The PD140 units on the other hand have always been bosch units and they get a good write up, in terms of spray patterns there are slight variations but generally speaking they should give you the same function. I wouldn't expect to see increased performance though as most likely you will be pushing in too much fuel which doesn't all get burned without a good remapping session and some work to get the units to fit as they are slightly bigger.

My honest answer would be, and you are going to hate me for saying this, speak to the folks at Bosio as they are generally your best bet. You will pay for the priviledge but I would rather pay the price knowing it works and isn't going to damage the engine than have the injectors blow and leave you struggling!

I hope this helps and sorry for taking as long mate!

Hi Rustyboy!
Thank you for takin' your time to write here. Realy apreciate your words!
I know about Siemens|Bosch saga and several engine failures because of burned pistons due bad spray patern Siemens injectors develop during their lifetime.
About remap, I am surely aware that every change in hardware must be followed with proper software - just like our PC's, new hardware need new driver. :lol: (I know it is not that simple, but it is good enough for newb like me ;) )
Anyway, PD130/150 units are good enough for my expectations. They reportedly can flow even 230 crank HP with good turbine and other minor changes. Because my engine is PD100 i got tiner rods and different crank bearing and diff pistons then stronger models and i got no intention to go above 170-200 crank HP.
Even that is rather large increase in power regarding to stock.
So, Bosio is an overkill for what I would like to have.
My question was set because i was asking myself can it be done for less money as money is always problem even in richer countries than Croatia.
If money was no object i guess i would contact mr Ryan from Darkside Developments and order an complete kit. Tough, the price would be timed by 2,5 due the postage and duties we got here untill it arives to my doorstep.
Same ratio can be aplied for anything I would order to come to Croatia.
But, please, don't take all of this as lamentation. The cards are splited, and we just must play according the rules....or be sure they never catch as cheating... :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back