Increasing flow to existing air box

not sure if duel air flow into a standard airbox would work, as the airflow would be all over the place once inside the box

not sure if duel air flow into a standard airbox would work, as the airflow would be all over the place once inside the box

That won't matter as all you are doing is reducing the vacuum effect caused by the sucking effect of the engine. Very little extra air will enter the box than is required by the engine as even intakes facing straight into the outside airflow will only compress the air very slightly. Air filters have a large surface area so any disturbance to the air caused by the extra pipe will not be a problem.

i sort of did this to my leon a while ago basically i enlarged my snorkel to 2"x4" using extractor ducting see in this pic

kept the original feed from the grill and added a 2nd air intake to the front bumper

i cant honestly say it made much difference but for the price of a bit of ducting and a few man hours it was ok:bigsmile:

No mods to the filter air intake is going to make much difference, but at least you know the engine is getting all the air it can use.

could do with a look into this properly, i want to ditch the cone filter on my 306 for an oem airbox and paper filter (cant use the oem one for the car becuase theres other stuff in the way) how big is the air box on the leon herb?