impreza

jamie lynch

Car
impreza turbo 2000
i have a impreza turbo 2000, can anyone tell me why when i put it under presure it pulls back, it has just had a full service,is it to do with the turbo?

might be something as simple as an induction pipe collapsing under boost, restricting airflow, seen it a couple of times on volvo turbo's

My mums did something similar an it ended up being a split dump valve pipe. That could be the cause as well. It's worth just having a look under the bonnet for any losse pipes connections etc....

It's hard to say what it could be. Can you describe what problem you are having in anymore detail as I may be able to help as I own 1 aswell ;)

It sounds like fuel cut but without more info it's hard to tell. If it is fuel cut and you keep booting it, you will soon melt pistons so it needs looking at.
The same will happen if it's a split pipe etc and the same result will occur if you keep booting it.
What was done at the service ? I'm assuming it wasn't like this prior to the service !

thanx for all the info it has been a great help.i have been driving it all day under 2000 revs the second i go over this it feels like its gonna chuck me through the windscreen.

thanx for all the info it has been a great help.i have been driving it all day under 2000 revs the second i go over this it feels like its gonna chuck me through the windscreen.

It's either over boosting the turbo or a boost pipe has come off or got a hole in.. Have you got an adjustable boost? And what actually got done with the service?

I had a very similar feeling on my Scoob when 1 of the 30 odd sensors on the engine went pop. Was absolutely fine acclelerating under the engines own power but when I put my foot down a little and made the turbo boost to only 2-3psi (mine boosts up to 18psi normally), it was like someone rippng the handbrake up and as you said, nearly threw me through the windscreen. So get a diognstic check done.

One easy DIY tester you can do is, get a can of carb cleaner or smethng similar and spray it round all the boost pipes on the engine andturb etc. Listen for any drop or rise in revs and that will give you any incling if it's one of the boost pipes ;)

Another one you can check aswell. I spoke to my local Scooby Tuning garage for you this morning and he suggested you check the small boost pipes and the breather pipes that come out of the engine, as that can seriously mess the breathing up if any of those are blocked. He also suggested you check the boost solonoid as he thinks it could also be that messing up the boost when you put your foot down.

So, check all the above check list from myself, Country Bumpkin, turbo nutter and claymore, and you should be able to eliminate it from that. If not, then i'm affraid it might be time to spend a little money and take it to a Subaru garage or somewhere of the like ;)

Last edited: