Torque Cars

Impreza 1.6?

Discussion in 'Impreza' started by IanCrehan, 15 April 2010.

1. IanCrehan

IanCrehan Wrench Pro

Meath,Ireland
    Car:
    Citroen ZX Volcane
    Wat would be a better car of the 1.6's the Subaru Impreza 1.6 or the BMW 316i, i'm looking to get one and do a little modding so take that into account as well?

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    The BMW will porobably be faster if the Subaru has 4 wheel drive. I think you will find more options for the BMW. The only impreza that gets modified is the 2.0 Turbo really and there are not many parts around for the 1.6

There is also potential to do an engine swap with the BMW to the 2.8 which is by all counts a pretty tasty engine plus it is RWD.

3. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    the 2.0 (non turbo) impreza is a slouch its heavy and the 4wd doesnt help this so cant imagine how bad the 1.6 is