immobiliser problem on a 306 td

jono180390

Car
306 1.9 td
i wonder if anyone could help me, i have a 1996 306 1.9td. i recently had the battery disconnected, after connecting it back on ive had problems with the immobiliser. when i enter the code the green and red lights stay on, the engine will not start. ive cheaked all fuses and wiring ect, cant seem to find the problem.

Is it one of those systems where it gets wiped on battery removal or if dead then? I thought it would work okay as long as the fob was sync'd a couple of times. Not a fob battery issue is it? Assuming it is a fob type as well. I know some use the keyfob as a proximaty device for the immobiliser so if the cell battery is low the range drops off.

Can you not shut it off with the key in the engine bay? Or does that just control the alarm?

If it does control the immobiliser you may need to put the key in and turn it off and then back on so it reads the code on the key.

It's a standard bit of kit on the 306 in the phase 1 era. You have to enter a code to disable the immobiliser before you can start the car.

My best guess would be that it's been factory reset to the original code, check the owners hand book to see if it's in there then change the code back. I'm not sure on the procedure myself as I've not had the pleasure of owning a 306 with the keypad immobiliser. However if it is still causing you greef then post back and I'll do some more research or I can advise you on how to bypass the immobiliser on your car :)

try keying in 1111 instead of your normal code when you start the car, apparantly that's the factory code. Also there are a number of connectors in the vasinity of the battery which can be easily disturbed.

Is it tied in with the alarm Jarrus?

Yes and no, some of them yes some of them no, I can't be more specific, Pegueot changed the alarm system during the 306's life time and I'm not sure when. From the ones I have seen and worked on, it doesn't appear to be tied into the immobiliser as the code pad does the immobiliser and the alarm does the usual alarm stuff like making a big noise when someone enters the car without using the key.

Only phase 1's had the key pad, phase 2's and 3's were in the key.

Also at the OP, try checking the relays in the fusebox next to the battery, there is one for the immobiliser in there.

hi i asked my mate as his is a phase 1 petrol.with a keypad he said when he removed his battery he had the same problem,he entered the factory code he said his was 1111 and then he just reset back to his code when i see him i'll ask him how u doand post back to u

cheers for the replies guys, it was just the standard keypad unit, ended up gettin it workin after takin it all off and re wireing it, must have been a bad earth!! thinkin about takin the immobiliser completely off, just incase it happens again, although am not too sure if it will do any damage :/

It won't damage it by taking it out, I'd leave it in now you've got it working again.

Have you tuned up your car yet? How many miles is on it?
Check out my project thread in my sig mate :)