ideas

Faith

Tuner
hello

iv got a crappy 1.1 106 zest and im just starting a project on it. what u u guys think or seggest also any place u know of were i can get ahold of the stuff
i wanna get a 106 smoothed out flip green and blue paint with 16 deep dish alloys and toyo tyres and then 306 99 front bumpper smoothed out gti arches and 306 side and rear with carbon hood and boot lid
engie conversion to a 1.4 rally fast cams, then header exharst and intake all in one boost vavle and chiped. then the interour of a gti but rear seats and boot ect will cum out for track days.

any other segestion and what do u think of my plans

thank you adz

MY top tip is to do the engine conversion BEFORE the bodywork & paint modifications.

You've not mentioned suspension - this would certainly need uprating as the weight alone of the 1.4 engine would affect the handling let alone the power increase. If you can find a 1.6 Gti engine you would have a better base to tune from but you are probably concerned about keeping the isnurance cost down.

As to a place to get the parts from - try the local scrappy - there are loads of bargains to be had and you can afford then to experiment a little. Put a 1.1 gearbox on a 1.6 car for awsome acceleration but rubbish top speed - it will break but you will have loads of fun in the meantime!!!!

I'd say sell your 1.1 as standard and start a new project.. Ideally with a 106 GTi but if you are worried about insurance then go for a Rallye. (or don't bother modifiying a car at all, becuase insurance companies don't like it much!)

My personal preference would be to only work on perforamnce, but if you want to go down the showcar route, then stick with the 1.1, and just splash your cash on making it look as you want it!

Don't try going for both unless you have lots of dosh as you will just end up with an engine which is likely to die and bodged exterior!

yo i cant get a 1.6 as insurents as u say but my bros says hell give me his quicksilver 1.4 as he has a 306 and is selling both to get a scooby.

its already smoothed out ect with intake ect im looking to keep the waight down strip interour and i wanna get carbon hood boot lid and roof do u know were i can get them??

yea i was thinking engine first these are just some ideas for the body as i have contacts and the junk yard i know i can get body parts for cheep and i can get them fitted cheep too buy my step dad who used to work doign that.

its already got lowered 40mm propally and im getting new brake too. im gunna have about 1200 straight up with out saving to do *#*#*#*# on car thats already got *#*#*#*# on what do u think of the ideas and what else do u segest thanks for all the help so far

peace

Adz

Faith - For track days it might be worth thinking about a roll cage. Safety is a given but the more rigid body will help with cornering and handling!

While you are fitting the engine drop in a power clutch they take a lot more abuse and I would argue that they help put more power down on the road particularly on fast starts.

On the brakes I recommend Vented and Grooved disks - get a set of disks all round from the GTi model or better.

yo i should have a quicksilver soon 1.4 ok to strat on befor i can insure anythink better im looking for were i can buy carbon part please

thanks

Try registering on the Saxo Sports Forums and put in an advert in the wanted section for a carbon tailgate or bonnet. The parts of Saxo's and 106's are very similar and I know a few people there managed to get hold of a shipment of 106 carbon tailgates.

It's not the kind of thing you find readily available.

cheers but saxo bonets dont fit 106s i need to get ahold of some more money first i dunno i think ill do soem engein mods like cams and bottem end *#*#*#*# what do u think i should do ?? :<

how do u take out the middle bar on the front bumper of the quicksilver cut it ??? than wont there be a hole dose it have to be filled in or is there an easyer way??

*De-Cat exhaust system (such as magnex/pugsport)
*A decent aftermarket air filter (encolsed rather than open air induction such as BMC/Green)
*Stainless steel exhaust manifold (such as GMC/SuperSprint)
*Uprated cams (such as piper 285's or kent pt51's)
You will need an ECU remap to run the last two

I realise Saxo bonnet's don't fit 106's, but check out those links and ring the guys up! They are your best chance at finding them if you are serious about it.

If you are serious about stripping the engine - head work gives the most effective power increase. Larger valves, port matching and polishing the inside of the head would be fantastic.

W A R N I N G !
IT IS NOT A SIMPLE JOB STRIPPING AND REBUILDING AN ENGINE - THE HEAD NEEDS SKIMMING AND YOU MUST USE A TORQUE WRENCH ON THE HEAD BOLTS DOING THEM UP IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*De-Cat exhaust system (friends bilding me a custome de cat pipe)
*A decent aftermarket air filter (its got a piper cross bit bore and same froend is gunna put big pip in to reach the front bumper then im gunna make a box to alow more airs to reach the filter)
*Stainless steel exhaust manifold (need such as GMC/SuperSprint)
*Uprated cams (need such as piper 285's or kent pt51's)
You will need an ECU remap to run the last two not sure were to get sorted
boost vavle.
i think that might be all u need to get an ok power and strip inside when go racing

the internal mods i know a machinic who will help me and do parts for me i just want some mods that insureants wont know and it will give it a true boost in bhp and torqu.

the car already has adjusable suspenchion, smoothed boot 15" alloys so its all good new project in my hands yay but now im skint hahahah

thanks for the help so far any other bits of help on were to get parts and what parts to get would be help full thanks

ok then mate i will do

im looking were i can get some piper cross cam set up?? and a ruff quote on how much it is to buy it.
how much would a chip re map cost
and how much polish and porting important parts would be

ok now heres were i need advice no directions im looking to do a side exit exharst de cat summink diffrent u dont see that much reson im doing it but i can get exharst sorted but i need sugestions on the body e.g. making the hole stoping the exharst bouncing and melting body ??? any help would be amazing

thanks

If I'm brutally honest I'm not going to contribute to this thread anymore, purely on the basis that 'Faith' is very open about the fact that none of his mods will be declared to his insurance company. I appologise if this was actually a joke by him, but I don't think it's funny and people like this are the reason young drivers in hot-hatches have such extorionate insurance premiums. I'm no angel on the roads, but I'm safe and I'm not into insurance fraud!

Good luck with the car, and good luck not-getting caught.

(Notice the sattire!)

lool well sorry to upset u mate but i wouldnt not declar it as iv seen so many people cought but fair enough if u dont wanna help :) dont worrie be happy just keep driving just keep driving

Faith said:
the internal mods i know a machinic who will help me and do parts for me i just want some mods that insureants wont know and it will give it a true boost in bhp and torqu.

Faith said:
lool well sorry to upset u mate but i wouldnt not declar it as iv seen so many people cought but fair enough if u dont wanna help Smile dont worrie be happy just keep driving just keep driving

I'm really confused now..

Faith - you're devoid of any talent whatsoever. What happened to the English Language? Your spelling is appalling, you're grammar worse.

Get a grip mate.

On the topic of insurance, you MUST declare anything you do that changes your car from standard. If you don't and a situation arises where you submit a claim there is a good chance the insurer will appoint a loss adjuster to examine the vehicle. These guys aren't daft. Insurers use them routinely to ensure fair play. ANY insurance company will seize the opportunity to avoid paying a claim. That leaves you potentially with a wrecked car, the risk of having to fork out for the repair of someone else's car and paying for any other claimants damages and injuries. This car run to a couple of million quid. Throw in on top the ten penalty points and a stiff fine, both of which are de-rigeur in a case of driving without adequate insurance. It could easily spell a custodial sentence too. DON'T DO IT! Get yourself insured properly and declare EVERYTHING. You want to be able to sleep at night without fear of being found out or reported. Most insurers will accept mild mods without charging the earth.

I had my 406 HDi 2.2 tuned from 136 to 178bhp - all my insurer charged me was an admin fee (about £15) for the issue of a new schedule and certificate. The change in performance as a result of this (also factor in over 300lbft of torque) was startling, more than you're ever gonna achieve with a na petrol unit tooled up with filters and a big bore pipe. I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised by their response.

yo update on this subject

im back bin away for a wail i know

i have an s2 engine stage 3 head full cam set up balanced lightend bottem end polish ported bike throttle bodie conversion pushing about 150 hp at fly i am now do some work with free power to get my low end torqu and bhp up and nittros work working on max power reliably 50-70, witch would bring it to a 200+ hp

its bin smoothed out (boot, arches, wide mouth, bumper strips, colour coded rear,de locked, smoothed hood and soon to be a nice green paint) (benalin green)

i have striped the rear but am looking to put some light waight buckets in front and back i am working on carbon centre console and door cards.

i am looking to do a full re trim on the interour

the project is cumming together

Sounds nice. Have you hit any snags so far? Keep us posted on the project and welcome back to the forum!

Absolutely millions mostly to do with gettign ahold of the engine and right s1 ggear box every one i have had have bin crunchy also with the body work gettign mate to help me out bin a pain in the ass

Faith - i'm doing a article on spraying - it would be really good if you can get me a shot of the car being sprayed - to show the layering and build up of the paint as well as the preparation. Email them over to me cars AT torquecars.co.uk and I'll get them posted up - many many thanks if you can pull this one off for me!

alright sounds amazing

i am sorting out a spray room as i am looking to do it with me and my mate(and my mates dad) to save money and i will do pictures at each stage for u once its sorted:p im still looking for the exact green any help would be perfect

i have found the colour in a coff mixture benalin

Don't spray the car with cough mixture! :lol: There are some really nice dark british racing greens in the Rover paint catalogues.

hey ahahahha im not looking to do that well yea but this greens a bin harder to find as its kinda flip painty but not flip paint its hard to explane ill find some pictures of the colour and post them in

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back