i need help

oligeddes

Car
hello to all off the users of torquecars, i own a mint condition 106 1.1xn. i am looking for a new performance manifold and cant find one. does anyone have an idea were i shud go??
i would also like any advice on how to inprove my little pugs performance :).

thanks,oli.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
regards the manifold if you cant find one you may need to get one custom made. anywhere that makes up exhausts might be able to do this for you.

to be honest youd be better saving the money for another car or engine as you could spend loads on the 1.1 for only a small gain ie full exhaust intake cams and chip to suit would proberly only give you around 15 bhp

yeah it looks like i might have to have one made to be onest :/ hmm i have a feeling this could get far to expencive.
ovcorse id luv to get my hands on a gti or any speck off rallye :) or that bora u got lol... but my bank man says otherwise!

really, cus ive bin told that something called a breather pipe? or breating valve can help quite alot. and ive also hear alot on superchargers?? expencive? any thorts on this?

breather pipe - to vent the crankcase pressure ?. cant see it giving you large amounts of performance if any.

supercharger will give you power but again your not going to see much unless your stripping down the engine and rebuiding stronger. you could do it on low boost but considering that you could be spending close to a grand by the time youve bought 2nd hand charger, fitted it, intercooler, plumbed it in. you wouldnt see that much of a gain

ohh and dont look at the claims made by manfactures about induction kit giving up to 10bhp. its the up to part that means they can get away with it, also having the bonnet up and ice packs on the intake manifold can make a big differnece on the rollers

look towards suspension mods and better tyres

agree with pg would just save your money and buy a faster car nothing is going to make any 1.1 quick
unless you put loads of money into it and by then you could of bought a newer faster motor

if its the crankcase one then most go to the air box or intake pipe. its when an induction kit is fitted that the pipes just hanging. small filter goes on the top normally
gn3020.jpg

thanks guys. and yeah i no my little xn's not gunna b competing with anything actually fast lol but i luv the cat its great, surprising for a 1.1 i must say, gets to the limiter very quick!

i couldnt believe it wen i went to view it. ive had a few pugs before but this r reg was like its jst bin made! it has had one owner for 11 years(witch he got from new) and hes 80years old lol. the cars done 36000 miles! and always stored in a garage. honstly not a single mark on this s2. o its bin surviced every year since new! all this for 400 quid!!! theres still peugeot car shampoo,window washer and all that from 11 years ago!! i cudnt really believe my luck. but yeah a decent manifold would be good not so much for the speed but for the looks and the sound,not to loud i hope, really dont wanna go down the boi racer route.

sounds like you got a right bargain there mate !
what colour is it?
is it a 3 or 5 dr?

i like these little cars with the right suspension and brakes they will out handle much more expensive cars;) (hint hint;) if your going to mod it get some nice alloys/good tyres, get it lowered and some decent brakes)
you will definatley get the best from your 1.1 then!!!:D

its a 3 door in metallic green, got sum real nice pics of it but cant figure out how to upload then??

wish i could then you could see how much of a mint example it i lol.

its a 3 door in metallic green, got sum real nice pics of it but cant figure out how to upload then??

wish i could then you could see how much of a mint example it i lol.

mate you need a 10 post count before you can post pics (unless approved by a mod )
so get posting so we can see your car :D

yeah thanx man. urmm as far as looks go im in to minds.. i dnt no weather to bother goin down the boi racer road with a nice exhaust tints and all that but i dunno. it seems a shame to put all that junk on it ti tell you the truth!i mean its 11 years old and looks like its just rolled out the factory. still the original car shampoo, screen wash, keyring e.c.t that came from peugeot 11 years ago wen it was new! lol. so i dunno i wud luv to c it with a set ov miny deep dish rims and slammed to the deck thoe?? hmm dont no tbo.

yeah thanx man. urmm as far as looks go im in to minds.. i dnt no weather to bother goin down the boi racer road with a nice exhaust tints and all that but i dunno. it seems a shame to put all that junk on it ti tell you the truth!i mean its 11 years old and looks like its just rolled out the factory. still the original car shampoo, screen wash, keyring e.c.t that came from peugeot 11 years ago wen it was new! lol. so i dunno i wud luv to c it with a set ov miny deep dish rims and slammed to the deck thoe?? hmm dont no tbo.

mte subtle mods like suspension and wheels really do help with the look of the car! and add fun to driving :bigsmile: and tbh this really isnt the boy racer look so dont think you are chaving your motor up if you do this

do your wheels have 3 or 4 studs?

hmmm pritty sure its 3 stud but havent actually looked tbo. yeah i wud luv a set ov really small deep dish rims, hmm expencive i think lol. still love the pug :)

hmmm pritty sure its 3 stud but havent actually looked tbo. yeah i wud luv a set ov really small deep dish rims, hmm expencive i think lol. still love the pug :)

mate you need to check! cause if you do have 3 stud it really does limit your choice in wheels!
but on the upside if you do have 3 stud a 4 stud conversion is quite a simple mod :D

With your car being a 1.1 I would say it's a 3 stud wheel.
I think only the Gti's are 4 stud. And maybe some of the larger engine models.
Welcome by the way.