Hyundai Coupe S111 Diesel ?

Dewar

Car
None As Yet
One thing I would like to ask the Forum, because I am thinking of buying a Hyundai Coupe Series 3, or 2, depending what factors i decide to build into the purchase price.

But my main question, if I can work out how to post it on the forum (Or if you would be so kind to post it on my behalf) is...

Given that the Coupe is the best or the only reasonably priced Coupe out there, with a small insurance bracket for people like me who live in London...

Is it worth looking at (If it is even possible), replacing the petrol engine for a diesel (Could that be done ?), given that the fuel consumption is quite poor, if not, is it worth looking at other methods of how would you address the economy", for instance chipping it, or should I say looking into getting it remapped...?

Converting a Petrol to diesel will cost an absolute fortune.
There would so much you would need to change that it would make sense to buy a diesel in the first place.

Hi turbonutter69,

I am actually contemplating that too, but I really like the lines of the Coupe.

The reason I posed the question was because I have heard of people dropping in Mitsubishi engines into the bay to boost performance (once they are out of warrantee), because apparently, they were originally based on them, so the footprint of the engine mounting, should be the same.

So I just thought that someone may have dropped in a Mitsubishi Diesel engine, which would probably have the same performance, but better economy.

I am really not to sure what would be involved in this, but that was why I put it out here in the forum.