How can i make my A3 1.6l faster?

dunkthebull

Car
AUDI A3 Sport
Ive had my Audi A3 1.6l for a year now and i love it, however i am starting to get the erge for more power! Is it possible to add a turbo or would it be better value for money to sell and get an upgrade like the 1.8T. Any other cheep ways i can make it go faster?

Cheers

Its called hedging your bets Prince. See what you can get for it if its sold otherwise mod it!

It would be cheaper in terms of the power gain to do an engine transplant to the 1.8T. You could supercharge the 1.6 and get another 40bhp or so but a 1.8T will give a much better and more solid base to work from.

Have you done any mods to it yet?

You Knows it Waynne! I havent done anything to it, she is still a virgin. How much would a supercharge cost and would it decrease the life of her~? i have little $$$ but 40 hp sounds V good and could combine it with exaust and a new air filter?

a supercharger it can cost good ouple of grand. a member on here, claymore, has removed the airon pump and fitting an eaton supercharger from the BMW mini in its place.
Running on low boost you should be fine without having to do anything major to the engine

personally id do little mods like new filter, cams, re-map and exhaust system should give around 20-30 bhp n would be around £900 ish. n then wait for a 1.8t or even a 2.0t