Torque Cars

honda crx delsol esi 1.6 sohc vtec

Discussion in 'CRX Del Sol Owners' started by mrpeal55, 17 October 2008.

1. mrpeal55

mrpeal55 Newbie

Car:
    honda crx delsolesi
    alright all, just replaced the dizzy cap, rotor arm, leads, plugs and my car seems to hesitate between 1000rpm and 2000rpm. it only does it when it has warmed up could it be the temp sensor or lamba sensor? the plugs i took out were a bit white aswell. also does the delsol have the ecu light in the passenger footwell like the mk1 crx?

cheers

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    If the plugs were white then I would say it is running lean. It could be the lambda sensor. It is worth checking the fuel filter and pump/injectors are in good condition as well.

When the engine is cold it uses extra fuel so you don't notice the flat spot as it warms up though it backs off depending on the lambda readigns.

A bottle of redex helped a friend with a similar problem. Get a garage to put the car on a diagnostic and check the 02 readings from cold. It may cost a little but it sure beats the trial and error approach.

3. timmy

timmy Road Burner

staplehurst kent
    leak in inlet manfold pipe retune valve