honda 1.3 16v '92 - is it even worth trying?

noroimusha

is it even worth performance tuning 1.3 16v civic '92? i don't have much u know...i.m thinking about fitting in turbo and changing exhoust system and filter...or simply changeing the engin for bigeer..like 1.5 16v....i don't need much...for now ;] even so i do need assistance 'cos i'm a frechmen in it. please how much does it influence the longevity of the engine? what shoul I remember about and what steps should I undertake to secure her's health? thnx

The bigger engine you start with the better effect the mods will have. I would swap in a 1.6 or 1.8 if I were you and then mod this to the hilt!

yeah sure...but is it possible with my body..i mean...hell yeah..i've even found 1.6 16v vtec but will it actually fit...if yes...there's nothing to think about...how to check if it's compatible? and wiull i have to swap the gearbox immediately?

You can use the original gearbox for a while. It will probably mean fast acceleration and low top speeds, but will be very fun.. Untill it goes pop, and you have to buy a suitable gearbox!

Next to go will probably be driveshafts, and then the clutch!

i've found a 1.5 16v vtec engine from d series and i'm now thinking about fittting it in. i was told it will fit perfectly into my car since it's also d series. it's gonna be fun. clutch and gearbox to be founf. is it possible to fit in a 6 gear sport gearbox? thankx for your reply.

iv got a 91 civic 1.5-kind of....and i out scoobys.its not exactly standard,the body work is but iv got 265bhp spoon engine wid kn and full exhaust system so it makes it bowt 275bhp.the topspeed i had out of it is 167mph in 5th at
5500rpm,so it still had sum left.

hey a s1 pug rallye has bin known to out run some scoobys uk modles any way, so that done mean too much asd thats a 1.3 but nice set up mate how much that cost sounds pritty amazing good power to waight.

i think ur better off getting a ek9 type r in there tbh if u can afford insurants if not just do as i did for a wail, light waight every think, internal mods and stuff like polish porting, lightening balancing good intake exharst system header, lil bits jsut to give u that edge as ur car will eb lighter with a smaller engine, in my 1.4 i out did a xr2i's and some 1.6 astra's i segest get the fundimentals sorted

brakes
springs ect
body work
interour
every think to make it high proformance befor u do anythink major to the engine, if u take the engine u got too some ok levles u can also sell it on for more witch i did shamfully i hit a round (long story not my fult) and now on my pug untill i can get summink better my pugs not bad once engine works finished i should be runnign 220 hp out of a car that waigh's under 1000

all i can say is resarch befor u do anythink know were urgoing with every step befor u make it

any help????

sorry about spelling its late at night i had a hard week

Faith - a tip on spelling - get the google toolbar - it makes spell checks on any box you are completing - I rely on it so much. You can stay up as late as you want then. :lol:

im too lazzy ahahah sorry i would post it again so u can read it but cant be assed

was soooo terid last night i looked like a ..........