Hey, new to this, HELP?

L

LancerRallySTATUS

Hey all, i just bought a 2002 Lancer OZ Rally automatic. I know it only has 120HP and a 4 cylinder engine but i thought it would make a nice project car. I'm new to this so im wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how and how much it would cost to get more power/speed from my car. Thanks in advance!

:) hey,

Building my own too :) can't really tell you on price ( cause I don't know your budjet ) ... unless you really want ME into your projet :p haha but answer these questions :) and maybe I can help a little :p even if I am a noobie on this forum too

-simple cam? twin cam?

-Intake? ( Short ram / Long Ram cold air intakes. Intercooler ( turbo engines usually ). Or even the intake itself with a bigger hole )

-Exhaust? ( Headers, Bigger pipeline ( 2.5, 2.75, and 3 inch racing are good sizes ) Racing high flow Catalyst )

-Performance brakes and disks? ( you need better braking if you have more power )

-Mags and Tires ( Definitly want more Traction with tires and Mags help on getting the brakes cooler )

-Strut bars? ( They tie the two tops of your suspension ... they help a little with side-side balancing ... there's a name for that I dont remember )

-Turbo ( deuhhh xD )

-Racing transmission gearbox

-Forged internals ( for a high psi turbo setting )

-Suspension ( both springs and shocks )

-Lighter Pulleys

-Clutch ( ceramic or Racing multi point clutches ... would tell you to change the flywheel and the pressure plate at the same time while your at it ... lighter flywheel and racing pressure plate )

anymore questions feel free to ask :)

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f111/lancer-2003-es-18454/
my own car :)

The abiove post is quite a good one, just one thing missing though. If you want serious power (and especially acceleration) then you will have to lose the auto box and get yourself manual transmission. The manual will allow you to shift gear to when you want and enable the car to accelerate faster. The auto box will also weigh a lot more.