Help?

stimsonlee

Wrench Pro
Car
Audi A3 1.8T
Hi guys just got a A3 1.8t 20v 1999...Im looking to upgrade my rear discs as they look so smallllllll. Can someone please explain what I need?

Thanks alot

Lee

Last edited:
welcome to the site mate

what are you wanting ?

off the top of my head you should have 232 x 9mm solid discs on the FWD or 256 x ##mm vented on the quattros

problem is you cant fit the quattro parts onto the FWD due to the different suspension setups.

however you can look to the skoda VRS or post 2003 - 2005 Mk4 Golfs and boras which should have the 256mm rears and different callipers.
the 4motion (it really isnt a true quattro) can be made to fit by using i belive a 6m spacer to space out the calliper
there is also a 284mm disc upgrade from the 256

what have you done up front regarding braking ?

welcome to the site mate

what are you wanting ?

off the top of my head you should have 232 x 9mm solid discs on the FWD or 256 x ##mm vented on the quattros

problem is you cant fit the quattro parts onto the FWD due to the different suspension setups.

however you can look to the skoda VRS or post 2003 - 2005 Mk4 Golfs and boras which should have the 256mm rears and different callipers.
the 4motion (it really isnt a true quattro) can be made to fit by using i belive a 6m spacer to space out the calliper
there is also a 284mm disc upgrade from the 256

what have you done up front regarding braking ?

Cheers mate

I havent done anything to the front brakes I just looked at the side of the car today and thought "damn them discs are skinny lookin" haha...Just traded my impreza for the A3, did have a golf gt-tdi before the impreza and loved it so went back to the VAG group :love:...+ the impreza was costing a bomb lol...Heres the A3 I picked up
15957652t.jpg

Alright buddy your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before uploading pics or links mate. I've approved it for you this time.

breakers or good old ebay.

might be an idea to upgrade your fronts to 312mm discs as well. all you need for this is the 312mm discs and the carriers - these can be had from VAG but at a cost of just over £100 a side

they should do

carrier PN are
from Audi 8L0 615 125 - £136
from Skoda 1U0 615 125 - £110 IN MINZ GREEN
from VW 1J0 615 125 - £136
from Seat 1J0 615 125 A - £136

Other options are fitting the 323mm discs and brembos from the seat cupra R.
334mm ad twin piston callipers from the golf R32 or 3.2 TT
312mm discs and porsche callipers - like me ;)
334mm (same discs as above) 996 turbo callipers
cant remember the disc size with lambo diablo callipers

Cant seem to find any good but reasonably priced calipers guys :S. Found the VRS discs and pads but thats about it lol....Any help plzzz? I can get the carriers for the VRS for £110 as stated above. Just need the calipers :(

thanks

Lee

what for the front or rears ?

the front ATE callipers are the exact same as the ones that will be fitted to your 288mm discs all you need is the carriers

for the rears - try the various ebays for breaking cars

hey ive found a rear brake set up for a R32 golf....for £258.50 does it sound good or overpriced? can someone tell me what else il need....is it just the carriers il need? and is it a simple job?

thanks

lee

what are you all getting for that ? ive seen the fronts complete with discs for not much more

need to know if yours is a quattro as they have completely different suspension setups on the rear so there is differences

if it is a quatrro then the r32 stuff will go on otherwise no

Cheers for that link mate was quite intresting actually :D. After reading on it and looking at the pics, theres not really much point in upgrading the rear brakes and the 256mm discs arnt/dont look much bigger anywayz lol.

thanks for the help!!

no doubt il be spamming the forums soon with more help posts :D

Lee