HELP PLEASE ! ! ! Lowering my Peugeot 306??

Gem13

Car
Peugeot 306 1.6
I want to lower my 306 using 4 lowering springs does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this the best way?? Cheers

Last edited:
Blimey - that's a bit of a question or series of questions.

How low do you want to go?

Progressively wound springs are a good place to start because they also have a progressive (and non-linear) response to load.

Basically the whole length of the springs coiled wire is the same as a standard one but they become stiffer as more load is applied. They are wound with the coils getting closer together along the springs whole height. This helps reduce the risk of grounding.

You should also consider firmer dampers at the same time as firmer springs have more 'bounce' characteristic than a stock springs and you don't want the car tramping all over the road.

This suspension business is a minefield to negotiate and there are many many options out there. As there are many opinions to judge and either subscribe to or to dismiss.

One thing though, don't go too stiff for British roads as you'll find the ride harsh and the tyres will spend a lot of time pattering up and down when the real important job of the suspension is to keep the wheels in contact with the road surface.

I want to lower my 306 using 4 lowering springs does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this the best way?? Cheers

yup put the other 2 back on the shelf or ebay

the pug has torsion bars on the back so doesnt need springs. so unless your using small srpings on the front there is no point having 4.
also worth noting that lowering too much on standard shocks will cause them to wear out quicker so is advisable looking for shorter shocks as well

Ok thanks for that, just need to know somwhere really that would tell me exactly what to do as have never done it before, most people say to do the torsion bars at the back.

How much lower were you planning? I think a 30mm drop is all you should do. Is it for looks or to improve the handling or both?

Yeah was thinking about 30mm, for both reasons really but mainly for looks. All i really need to know is somewhere i can look to find out exactly how to do it, something like instructions to follow. Any ideas where i can find some kind of instructions? Thanks for the reply

Yeah, like the guy says in the videos it is dark but he put pictures in

a bit of advise I can give you for this job is to buy the maxpower 306 Haynes Manuel.

I know I will get slated for it but it's helped me loads, when removing the old head unit on my car and wiring in my sub it was all very helpful,

there set my step pictures on how to do these things including lowering the front,
they don't really go into detail into lowering the rear but those videos are more informative

the normal haynes manuel and the maxpower one you should buy as they will help loads