Help Help Help

wakebabe

Car
ford ka
I got a 53 plate Ford KA and I need to change the Main beam on the head lamps. Is there any other way than having to cut my hands up squeezing to try and get to the bulb, and I don't really want to have to take my front bumper off. :(
Has anyone got any suggestions?

Angharad

if you can access the wiring plg from behind you should be able to remove the bulb without needing to take off the bumper. but mabye not without cutting your hand

I thought the ka only had a few nuts holding the headlamp in place and then this could be removed?.

Either that see if theres anything small in the way thats easily removable for the time being.

Also see if you can partly remove the arch liner (will require taking wheels off though) and hopefully you should be able to see the whole headlamp from behind.

Sorry i havent done much work on the ford ka so im probably useless.

Last edited:
Yeah 2 bolts are visible but the other one I cant see it anywhere. I think ill have to take the wheel off and the lining in there wheel arch off to be able to see it. Or I could take the batter out and my air filter intake thing might be able to see everything from there. I tryed doing it without doing anything and ive cut my hands up :(

Thank you for helping everyone

Last edited:
chances are it would have to be the front bumper that would need to come off, the liner proberly wouldnt help
battery should just be a couple of bolts to take out (remember to take -ve off 1st). air filter can be a bit harder as youd need to open it and remove the bolts that hold it in place

I did it!! omg I did it. All on my own. Took both wheels off and the plastic covering in the arch of the wheel and got to the lights out from there.

Was soo funny people walking in to the workshop and seeing a girl doing work to her car. :D