help for tuning bvw bora 2.0

gerbora

just recently bot a 02 plate bora 2.0. its epressing the life out of me and was looking for help quick to boost up the power thats effective and not too exspensive. thanks for reading folks:lol:

Hi Gerbora and welcome to the site. PGarner is our resident Bora fan. I don't suppose you have the turbo 2.0 engine though do you?

no its just a standard 2.0 dont no wit valve or if its injected or f'@k all need help but i feel like trading it in for a reliant robin hehe cheers for replyin mate

There is an engine code on the block itself - maybe at the top left usually 3 or 4 digits that would be helpful. It almost certainly will be injected though. When was it last serviced?

well i got the car in october abd the guy said it had just been serviced for me so im thinkin october but theres no service history with it thats the only thing but i thot it woud have been alot faster than it is. my old vtr is faster i was thinkin on a dyicnostic incase theres a problem. wat you think mate ive just had it over a ton and thot i would get more sorry about the book ive just typed

hey there are two 2 ltr engine a 115 and a 130 engine. i dont think the bora got the 130 engine i think it only went in the Mk4 2.0 golf gti.
the engine is very asthmatic. when you look at the 1.6 twin cam gets 105bhp 10 less than the 2ltr and the NASP 1.8 gives 125 10 more. when you add this to the weight its a slow car. my 1.8 still get left at times by smaller lighter cars up till im further up the gearbox

getting a diagnostic would be a good idea and get them to check the operation of the MAF on the car as well as these are prone to giving false readings on the 2.0 and causing the car to over fuel. have heard about them getting as low as 22mpg the over fueling will also mess up the 2 lambda probes in the exhaust.

if your thinking of keeping the car it may be an idea to get a copy of vagcom
the 409.1 software is good enough for the bora and the leads can be bought of ebay for around a £10 and vagcom shareware is free for the 409 version. registation is around £50.

using this software will save you getting screwed by VW/Audi/skoda/seat by diagnosing it for £100 a shot. it also allows you to log info much as MAF sensors, rpm, misfires, AF ratio etc. it can also be used to measure torque which you can convert to hp.