Hello to you all

pnl

Hello folks my name is philip I drive a fiat stilo 1.6 5dr and it is modified and at the moment runs at 121.4 bhp ..I am also a moderator other fiat sites ..nice to be here with you :D

Hiya Phillip and welcome to Torquecars. 121 is not a bad figure for a stilo what mods have you done.

So far I have done exhaust modifications which is a cat back system from power-flow [soon to be altered to a properly calculated one and designed just for that car with sports cat added as well ] the induction was built by the same company GSR engineering and is the prototype for the engine [13bhp increase] and then the engine was mapped resulting in the 121bhp figure .. our aim is to fit some new cams flow the head build the new exhaust and write a completely new map for the car and expecting 160bhp for the final result ..I have many friends around the world that are fanatics with their stilo's and some of my friends in Greece have turbo-ed their 1.6 engines resulting in 227 bhp :shock: the cost tho is a staggering 6000 euros and the gear box has to be changed for the punto gt box as the standard one wont take the extra power :)

227 in a Punto - thats unreal. Good luck to them. :D I would have thought they suffer from traction problems in most gears! :lol: I guess you've chosen to stick with NASP - you'll always be quicker off the mark than a turbo'd lump.

You would be surprised how many stilo's have actually been tuned there is a big demand for products for the car but manufacturers seem slow to realise this ..even the mighty Supersprint have stopped making exhausts for the stilo now :( and we have had to resort to getting them designed and calculated for each individual car ..and thats if you can find a proper exhaust maker that knows how to calculate it in the first place and workout where all the street points will be in the system which can take a great deal of time ... not just a case of driving into an exhaust place and driving backout again in 3 hours .many of those around and of no use to the person that want the most from the exaust in bhp and touque. 8)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back