hello and need an advise

Car
AR 146Ti 2.0TS 16V
hello everybody. I'm from Malaysia and my ride is Alfa Romeo 146Ti 2.0TS 16V. I need some advise for supercharger kit. It's need to reduce my engine compression before install the supercharger kit? Thanks

Lower compression engines will allow you to run a higher boost. If you set the boost to a low level or combine this with a water injection you should be ok. You want to avoid engine knock caused by pressure in the cylinders.

I'm sure I've seen a Supercharged Alfa so I know it is possible.

i know nothing about alfas except they blow head gaskets

so to get better compression, you can skim the head (real professional needed)
and while your at it, get a copper or racing gasket
that way when supercharged, the head can take the pressure

Skimming the head would actually increase the compression instead of lowering it;) Agreed though the work needs to be done by a pro.

You can get low compression pistons though.

Thanks waynne and prevtec for your good advise. Well, if i go for supercharge route, there is no need for me to fit group A forged pistons and special design valves? now already with C&B Road Max Cams, it's ok for me to run it with supercharge conversion? others mod that have been done Nava bordered in inox 1.6mm organic type, SF Sprint Filter KD1RS, and balduzzi chip stage 2., to use a supercharge unit, it's must replace all performance parts that have been done for the engine to cater with the supercharge unit?

Skimming the head would actually increase the compression instead of lowering it;) Agreed though the work needs to be done by a pro.

You can get low compression pistons though.
i thought he needed to get better compression, my mistake for not reading posts properly

waynne. I would like to ask you regarding supercharge. If i run a boost at 0.5 reduced from 0.7, compression of the engine is around 8.7., it's ok? no need to decrompression the engine? How about the inner mechanical parts, can use the stock one or need to replace it with high performance parts? If leaking at supercharge manifold, what is the cause of it? it's need to fabricate attachment plates or use customised metal gasket at the supercharge manifold? how about the fuel pump, it's need to replace it, and the best fuel pump that can cater with the supercharge unit? thanks...

They key thing is to get the car on a rolling road and slowly turn up the boost. When the knock sensor starts kicking in just wind back the boost a little. Higher octane fuel will also help you to avoid knock.

You might need to upgrade to a better fuel pump. I would have thought the 3.0V6 pump would be man enough for the job.

Leaks at the manifold are generally caused by a bad fit or a scored surface. A proper gasket and sealing compound shouldn't leak.

They key thing is to get the car on a rolling road and slowly turn up the boost. When the knock sensor starts kicking in just wind back the boost a little. Higher octane fuel will also help you to avoid knock.

You might need to upgrade to a better fuel pump. I would have thought the 3.0V6 pump would be man enough for the job.

Leaks at the manifold are generally caused by a bad fit or a scored surface. A proper gasket and sealing compound shouldn't leak.

thanks waynne for your good advise. appreciate it. to confirm with you, if i run low boost, there's no need for me to de-compression of the engine (now around 8.7) and change the inner mechanical parts., performance type for example group A forged pistons, special design valves and others?