Hello all Audi A3 1.8T

macyjosteve

Car
audi a3 1.8T Sport
Hi Everyone,just thought id introduce myself and see if i can get some help on modifying my a3 1.8t sport.

Have owned the car for 12 months and love it, its done 108k but drives and feels new, however the suspension feels tired and am looking at lowering and replacing bushes at same time but do i go for coil over or shocks and springs? and what is a good kit for suspension and bushes on market, had audi re mapped at morebhp.com in crewe last week and feels a load more responsive now but he recomended i go for a de cat downpipe next as thats where loads of power is lost on these engines, ashame mine is the throttle cable to as i heard the fly by wire gains another 20bhp off a re map.

Poly bushes work well on smaller joints IMHO the larger main bushings are best replaced with Audi rubber ones.

A lot of people rate coilovers and shocks from Bilstein. Don't lower the car too much though, stick with about 35mm and you should be fine.

I'd recommend a sports cat rather than a decat as this keeps the car emissions within legal levels. If you are serious about power then get some custom headers, fit a peformance divertor valve and get the head ported and polished with enlarged exhaust ports.

couple of pics of my bros (macyjosteve) car now its been lowered on jamex coilovers

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

missed this somehow.

i would have said to go for:
S3 bushes for the front - these are non voided and not as rough as polybush
and octavia VRS ream beam bushes

It's looking really nice. What's it like over speed bumps?

Its good over speed bumps as long as you take them sensibly ( not like the wife, straight up the middle CRUNCH! OUCH). So glad I brought these coil overs as when on full lock I was catching the driveshaft with ARB, Simply took car up 10mm and lengthened the adjustable drop link which was provided with the kit and now the car is fine. Now in search of some nice 18 alloy wheels any body got any ideas and/or pics of a3 with some on.

hi all any tuning tips for audi a3 1.8t ... much appreciated
thinking a chip for starters

hi all any tuning tips for audi a3 1.8t ... much appreciated
thinking a chip for starters

first of all they dont do chips fella, its a remap that you want, also is your car on the k03 or k03s turbo?

mods as always get a full turbo back exhaust system, decent panel filter and a remap and it transforms the car from standard.

dont even need the full turbo back, sports cat is enough, good panel filter, remap and uprated diverter valve.

depending ont he engine code, or turbo if its been changed, then you will be looking at around 190-230bhp. a decent front mount will help you get a more aggressive remap as the SMIC does suffer from heatsoak