Grill removal

Davsurfa

Torque Junkie
Car
Hyundai Coupe 2.0l
I wish to remove the chrome trim around my grill cuz it's too shiney. I have an A3 1.6i on an 8L chassis with this grill

In fact that's my car :lol: so anyone know how to do it easily?

Cheers

Why not get a debaged grill from ebay, the car looks really smart with no chrome at all in the grill.

PG is right by saying that painting is your best bet. There is generally a ridge or raised bit under the chrome and removing the chrome will make it look nasty showing the mounting rivets and joins.

Oh no no! I wanna take it off to paint it then put it back on but the only way I can see of taking it off is to remove the whole bumper! Surely there is a quicker/easier route? I have the primer, paint and lacquer but I'm thinking of leaving the four rings in chrome, haven't decided yet.

shouldnt take long to remove mate. its a golf with different panels same as the bora octavia etc.
might take you a while the 1st time but its only around half hour job to do
yes i would say leave the rings in chrome

How did you end up doing it mate? Looks great by the way.

Carefully!! I very gently prised it off using a screwdriver, starting at the bottom in the middle and worked my way around. The corners are a bit tight to get out. It took a bit of tugging and gentle persuasion. After that I sanded, primered, sprayed and lacquered. Thought I'd leave the rings chrome front and back, although the A3 badge has gone too.

Cheers, eventually I wanna fit black angeleye headlights(with eyebrow spoilers), tinted side repeaters and tinted taillights. Window tints will be next though and the wheels will be going a touch darker soon but I'm thinking charcoal grey or gun metal grey. I thought about black I don't reckon it'd suit.

Looks pretty sweet buddy, I'm heavily contemplating doing mine :) Also have been considering refurbing my alloys and going with a gun metal grey, let us know when you go ahead with that!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back