Grand Vitara "03 2,0Ltr Diesel

Tricati

Wrench Pro
Car
Vauxhall Antara 2.2
Hi, just bought a 2.0Ltr Diesel "03 plate Vitara with electrical problems. Eratic temperatures confusing the ECU re cold/warm starting & bringing the rad fan on at random, new sensor on order.

Car would fire then stop once key released, the immobiliser relay likely at fault & not always providing correct info once key fob used to enter the car therefore no power to engine once ign key released to "on" from starting. New relay on order.

Would love to say I found these faults but it took a very skilled mobile auto spark & a laptop connected into the cars loom to find the causes of both problems as they were intermittent. Anybody had anything similar?

Temperature sensor & the engine management relay replaced & all seems fine thus far. I use the Vitara for work (I have to supply own vehicle) & will be pressed back into service for rest of week until I break off for Chistmas & New Year this Friday :lol:

Mot time again, Vitara passed with advisories on front tyre wear (new tyres now fitted) & outer skin failing on exhaust back box (will have to fall off before I'll change that). Since purchase I've not been happy with the pressure on clutch pedal & this year decided to investigate. Had to be master/slave cylinder or connecting pipe leaking due to fluid loss over time. Slave cylinder was the culprit & replaced, clutch pedal & "feel" restored to how I'd expect of a 67K mile car.

Happy days again :bigsmile:

Cheers mate. This car was purchased as a stop gap replacement for a car I had written off & have enjoyed the experience so much that I can't find a reason to sell on. Looking very likely this will stay in my ownership for the foreseeable future.

Willie.