Going organic - ?...

HuntingTarg

Tuner
Car
'02 Kia Spectra LS
Something new has crossed my path. I just read a couple product descriptions describing organic brake pad/shoe material. I learned a little about this but don't remember anything specific. Is organic material in any way superior to ceramic? I saw a se of organic mat'l. pads thst were TWICE the price of matching ceramic pads.

Friction and heat dissipation are what counts here. Imo you're better off fitting bigger discs and pads etc rather than going for a fancy compound. You'll also save money in most cases.

It's nothing to do with organic as in the way food is marketed as organic. Organic simply means carbon derived content. It's not new. Metals and ceramics are frequently incorporated in pad material formulations along with resins (again carbon material).

Friction and heat dissipation are what counts here. Imo you're better off fitting bigger discs and pads etc rather than going for a fancy compound. You'll also save money in most cases.
It is if all you're concerned with is braking performance. Larger rotors increase the rotational inertia on the wheel assembly, which will affect acceleration and mileage. Not to a huge degree, but most things are trade-offs rather than true improvements.

It's nothing to do with organic as in the way food is marketed as organic. Organic simply means carbon derived content. It's not new. Metals and ceramics are frequently incorporated in pad material formulations along with resins (again carbon material).
We know, it's a bit of cheek.
So what makes 'organic' pads perform (and apparently cost) better than common graphite carbon pads? Is it a blending of materials?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back