getting grip and wheels question

johnathan

Wrench Pro
hey all

ive been thinking of striping my skyline r32 gts-t. allow it to run quicker, but as there wont be much weight over the rear wheels except roll cage, how will i go on for grip launching. and is there any way i could get grip as not much weight to stop wheels spinning up. any ideas?

also im wanting to get some wheels for the strip.

road wheels and tyres are- front- 8"x17" and rear 9"x17"
but id like for strip some wide 15's or 16's, standard were 16's btw, to get some good grip and speed and thin fronts. anyone now where i can go to get these wheels?

I think tyre choice is more important - the softer the rubber the better. When you accelerate believe me that there will be plenty of weight thrown to the back wheels. A bit of suspension work will also help the tyre to bite on takeoff. I lose track - is yours a 4 wheel drive or would that be the 33?

yeah ofcourse, the forces will go to the back.

its the model.
gts-t are rwd.
r32 came with rb20det (2.0l straight 6 24v turbo)
r33 gts-t and 34 gt-t iirc came with rb25det (2.5 staright 6 turbo)
gtr's in all range are 4wd, and rb26dett (bet u can guess that one haha. 2.6 straight 6 twin turbo)

mine is the r32 gts-t, rear wheel drive. got it for an astonishing price, and my first performance car so lovin it haha

ill keep looking for some wide small wheels then, dont supose you know anywhere do you?

Keep an eye on Ebay and the local scrap yard. If you do your research you might find that some other makes popular wheel will fit! Thanks for sorting out the Skyline specs for me.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back