Getting directions

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If someone gives you directions and its a list like....

1st left, straight over the roundabout, 3rd right then left at the crossroads

Do you remember it all? I honestly can't hold it all in my head and usually end up asking again a few turns on.:confused:

depends on how sharp the turns are, and how much you need to slow down for them :D

if the first left, and third right are within a couple miles of eachother and your flying through, then its not hard to remember for a minute or two :p

Slow down for turns? noone still does that do they? Not with modern ABS.

Im with Rawdawg on this. Directions stay in my head for a couple of minutes as well.

if the wifes with me no problem as shes has stupid memory that does remember everything. Me i get by for a wee whilethen get lost again.

Hayley had the exact same happen while i was testing out my oldone tried to send me down 2 1way streets.and take a juntion where a roundabout was put in around 7 years ago

I forget directions, instead I just use a satnav and common sense. I prefer giving instructions, mainly because you can lie if you don't actually know the way!

ummm, directions are not my strong point, if anyone knows maidstone, was at Hein gerike in MS(Lower Boxley Rd) and got lost trying to find loose road :embarrest:.

got told something like, straight over the round about next left then second right, still dont know to this day how to get to loose road from Lower Boxley Rd. :confused:

might find out one day, need a sat nav for my bike, but there like, 300-500odd pound, not the sort of thing you just go out and buy like a car one where you can get them for about 90 pound now.(ok the 90 pound one might not be great but its still a sat nav)

I remember driving to nottingham once and I stopped a bloke to ask for directions to Rock City. Ok he said and started to explain. We was there a good few minute while he was explaining the route when all of a sudden he said "forget it you'll never find it" And that was that he just walked off an left me there stranded. I couldn't believe that he'd stood there for a good few minutes telling me where to go,then just walked off. :confused::confused::confused:

ummm, directions are not my strong point, if anyone knows maidstone, was at Hein gerike in MS(Lower Boxley Rd) and got lost trying to find loose road :embarrest:.

got told something like, straight over the round about next left then second right, still dont know to this day how to get to loose road from Lower Boxley Rd. :confused:

might find out one day, need a sat nav for my bike, but there like, 300-500odd pound, not the sort of thing you just go out and buy like a car one where you can get them for about 90 pound now.(ok the 90 pound one might not be great but its still a sat nav)

how will a car one not do ?
you could take the screen apart turn it 180 degreess screw the screen back togeather and put the casing back on, wola you can then stick it to your wind deflecter / windscreen.

@ turbonutter :lol:

how will a car one not do ?
you could take the screen apart turn it 180 degreess screw the screen back togeather and put the casing back on, wola you can then stick it to your wind deflecter / windscreen.

@ turbonutter :lol:

umm, cos there not glove friendly, so would have to take my glove off every time I need to press something on it, and the car ones are not water proof either, and they dont have a bike mounting thing (spos I could make one, but its hassle) and I dont think you can put a headphone/bluetooth to phone option on the car ones aswell

edit: also, can you explain the thing about turning the screen?? been thinking about it and cant really think why that would be needed.

I forget directions, instead I just use a satnav and common sense. I prefer giving instructions, mainly because you can lie if you don't actually know the way!
i do that on purpose, if i dont like the look of someone
mostely fellas that think their better than the rest of us
the likies of rich fellas, and why i do it is they should have a sat-nav