Galant tuning, any tips?

bgood12

Wrench Pro
Car
2000 Galant 4g64
Hello, I'm tuning my 2000 galant 4g64. if you feel like it you can look through my mods and suggest what you might do next. But if you don't wanna read through all that just drop a post saying hi or what you specialize in because I will have questions at some point. thanks (all mods unless written otehrwise were done myself)

Overall i want a balanced car that shows my passion as an enthusiast more than jsut being able to waste money and buy parts, or follow fads and mod my car how everyone is doing it. because of this(and lack of money) I am taking my time to step by step turbo this car the correct way.

Interior: (with aid or friend's dad to sew) two tone interior seats, currently teaching myself how to skin interior parts in carbon fiber, 2 front door and lower floor area sound proofed, rear trunk self-fabricated for amp and subs,

Exterior: Erebuni Shogun bodykit, (trader's village, arlginton texas) silver tinted windows, cleared out headlight lenses (easy to do if you are patient just ask me)

Performance: Injen cold air intake, Brembo front slotted brake rotors, EBC greenstuff brake pads, Optima red top battery

Sound system: Dual 2.5 inch lcd display head unit, dual white illuminating front door speakers, dual 6x9 rear deck speakers, 340 watt amp, 12 inch alumaplo subwoofer.

Plans: a remote turbo (which means various other upgrades), getting in eneos oil with sandwich adapter fumoto oil drain valve and oil gauge in soon.

You need a fast road cam and some head work to finish that little lot off nicely. I'm glad to see you've uprated the brakes, too many people miss that out when tuning their car.

thanks, I try to make sure I do everything correctly. Cause it's no point throing on a turbo if I cant even keep the stock car up to spec. So I am looking forward to a rear disc conversion so I can get discs on the back.

If all else fails I will hit a junk yard pull out another 4g64 and mod it on a rack, its tons of cars here and in europe that have that engine. here I think its a a chrysler sebring, a 92 low class dodge 51, a dodge stratus and my galant; and In europe I only know that the pajero has the engine.

if your putting discs on the rear you may also need the master cylinder or upgrade the front ones as the bias may become more rear biased other wise

yea I thought about the brake bias. Because my car is not a popular modification I am not sure if it will be fine or not after the change I will likely have to change the rear discs and then adjust from there.

So i did some readings on the bias for the galants, I will prob just have to get a stronger spring for my brake booster and keep swapping them out tell I get the feel I want.